Can these 4 drugs disqualify you from CDL?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Rahat, Mar 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    Seroquel puts you to sleep like a baby. And you wake up after 8 hours of deep sleep. That's something good. Every trucker should get that kind of sleep. After a day's hussle and bustle, die for 8 hours lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    You guys can debate the drug use all day long, but the question still remains, why were they prescribed in the first place? Why are you in pain? Why are you anxious all the time? It’s not because you have a lorazepam deficiency that’s for sure.

4. Kyle G.

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Not necessarily. Suppose your carbon monoxide alarm goes off (every sleeper truck should have one), will you be able to wake up? Suppose you are parked at a shipper and they bang on your door so they can load you or kick you off the property or whatever? Will you be able to wake up and move the truck?

homeskillet and Rahat Thank this.
  5. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    I already drive for a living. Last moving violation was in 2015. Last accident(I was rear ended) was in 2019. I am a responsible person, not some bum. I even have 800+ credit score.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  6. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    Not that deep. I was just exaggerating. Phone alarm can wake you up

7. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    Neck pain. It got better after a few years. But I injured it again. Bad pain can make you anxious and depressed. When your whole head is in pain, please don't tell me you can remain happy and relaxed

8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    What do you drive for a living? Nobody us saying you're a bum but your idea that drugs are going to cure all your woes and let you have a career driving trucks is terribly irresponsible.
    Listen to what the members are telling you. They're trying to keep you from hurting yourself and hurting...maybe killing...other people.
    They know things that you haven't had the time and opportunity to learn yet. You're being given a fortune in good advice. Don't waste it.

9. Kyle G.

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    But will you be coherent enough to drive a truck? Because if you crash while high on sleep medicine, that will present a world of problems for you.

God prefers Diesels and Rahat Thank this.
  10. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    I drive for Uber, Door Dash, and Amazon Flex.

11. Kyle G.

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    True, but I wouldn’t be driving a truck either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.