Can Truckers legally deliver Marijuana in states where it's legal

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by LimpyLegs, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    It's not out growing in some field. It's contracted out and grown behind fenced in facilities for states that can't produce it like we can. It's all very controlled.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Indoor facilities in Canada. This one I toured uses reverse osmosis watering/fertilization system. Everything from clone room, mother room, trim room, dry, packaging all under one roof. This is state of the art facility

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  4. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Not legally, it isn't. Unless it's been cleared with alphabet soup for transport to a research lab or something of the sort. Shipping weed across state lines otherwise is trafficking, and that's still a federal offense.

They probably could care less about Satan's spinach. It's relinquishing power taken previously by the federal government which is what they don't want to speak out against.

I don't know. Potheads are just like vegans in a lot of ways. Obnoxious as ####.

5. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    As an ex pothead and a full on believer in the legalization of weed I must disagree. Potheads are an eclectic group of people.

Here's an interesting fact...in any group of people the most obnoxious are often the LOUDEST. Thus, the relaxed laid back potheads aren't even heard. They just want to sit back and enjoy their smoke without any government intrusion.

But, I do get your point. There are actually doctors, lawyers, police officers, and just general hard working Americans that think weed should be legal...I'm guessing because they've smoked it a time or two.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    That goes without saying.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Arkansas I think is finally choosing about 32 different growers and dispensaries who had to put up something on the order of hundreds of thousands of dollars bond to the state and compete for the limited license to grow medical pot for sale in dispensaries.

You are not going to see 18 wheelers running pot locally here. You might probably have small enough lots to haul in a panel van with two chase cars for security. The dispensaries that will sell the medical pot sometime after 2019 are not that far apart.

Hope Arkansas (Also Alma?) has been truly famed for capturing cross country shipments of pot and other drugs via 18 wheeler rather easily and in large amounts.

It is probably easier to learn about how nuclear material is moved around the USA (Down to the gram level) than it is to learn about drug transport outside of legal Drugs, narcotics and so on that goes to Pharmacies several times a week.

8. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Now I’m not saying pot isn’t grown in some lab somewhere for research purposes, but there are no fields of pot grown to send to states where it is legal.

There is plenty of pot grown in TN, none of it is legal, and if caught transporting it, you are going to spend a long time behind bars, and all of your assets seized.

Jazz1 and okiedokie Thank this.
  9. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
  10. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    My son in law got a look of disbelief when he heard me say I was pulling a reefer. He had no idea a refrigerated truck was also called a reefer.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    okiedokie and LimpyLegs Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.