Can you become a trainer with a dog in the truck?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by BigNugget, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

@nugget...Like you I know my dogs, an I get where your coming from. I saw one post kinda mention this but my question is...your dog likes people. What happens if you get a trainee who hates dogs? Or animals in general? An for the record...a dog can eat m&ms an not die instantly. Baking chocolate is bad. USA Candy chocolate doesn't contain enough real coco to kill a dog like say..bakers chocolate. I'm not advising people to go out an feed their dog a diet of snickers an Hershey bars.

I know raisins an grapes can kill a big dog. I wouldn't trust some random dude training with you, would tho. Stuff like that is what I would worry over more..harm to my dog, due to not knowing, or plain not caring. Then you have no four legged friend, an likely a record for beating the hell out of the person who fed your dog a grape. ;)

I'd go with what several others said...don't worry about being a trainer. Just get your exp. an move on. Less stress for you an the pup, an any future trainee's.

Good luck.

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. - Samuel Butler

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.