can you choose your own truck with werner?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by snowbird_89, Jan 11, 2010.

1. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    My dispatcher had told me the same thing I liked having a long nose because then I wouldnt have to go to canada

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. d1rtysouth36

d1rtysouth36 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Jupiter, Florida
    Wouldent mind going to canada every now and then, of coarse I like seeing scenery

4. jrhouston

jrhouston Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Reno, Nevada
    If you are considering going to Canada, you will need a passport. The passport card is acceptable. I ordered one and only cost $45.00. They said that it will take 4-6 weeks. You will also need a county recorded birth certificate that is certified by the county that you were born in.

5. d1rtysouth36

d1rtysouth36 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Jupiter, Florida
  6. Tewksey

Tewksey Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Rochester hill,mi
    AS my Fleet assignment lady said to me the newbies get the biggest crap they have.Most likely you'll go get a stranded truck you'd be amazed how many there are my hole orientation class did recoveries.Usely the new guys get the good old Centuries.

7. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    And that is their recruiting gimmick! Make you think your gonna be one of the "BIG BOYS" then throw you into a Century Class

8. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    They told my trainer to drop me off at the terminal in oregon a few days b4 they closed and they rented a car for me and I had to dropp off 2 guys in other states on my way to recover my truck and 2 of then had century petes and I havd the century classic.

9. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    You can pick your truck if you talk them into it. But not your first one.

My first one is now totalled. Brand new 2010 daycab, was told to take it to the oklahoma city yard and drop it off and pick up mine. Got mine, it was alright for a while but now its just plain turned into a piece of crap that keeps falling apart. Hood fell off yesterday! I didnt total the 2010 FYI. :)

Anyway, i remember when i was getting out of training..my trainer had a crappy t600. first of all, it was a piece of crap, second, he doesnt like the t600. He went to fleet assignments in omaha, and told them he wanted a new truck. They said yes...but we only have t600s. :D and it was true too, they had a bunch of brand new t600s sitting there and NOTHING ELSE. bwahahahahaha. He said no. :) He just told me he picked up an old international now. :p

You also wont get a longnose if you dont refuse to go to canada.

I wonder what would happen if i went to fleet assignments and demanded a new truck. hmm.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.