Can you make money teaming at CRST?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Florida Playboy, Oct 27, 2013.

1. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    The only problem with teaming is the team itself, most of the time anyway.
    milesandmilesofroad,,,congrats to you sir, for being a loyal driver for 30+ years. I would say, you know that company better than anyone else. My hat is off to you sir.

My wife and I are on our 3rd company as team drivers and I don't forsee us going anywhere else. We will be here until I save up enough money to get my own truck. I don't think we can do any better than where we are now. As a newbie I suggest going with big carrier, suck it up and put in your time. Than move on if you must but not until you do your time first. Best of luck and stay positive...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nicksranger01

Nicksranger01 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Davenport IA
    You won't make money teaming at CRST unless you have prior experience, and even then...and their new pay scale is a joke I went from 22 cents to 25 cents and if you were making 31 it only went up to 32, I have the sheet for it at home somewhere

4. select stay

select stay Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2011
    greeley co
    hay miles n miles looking to start at crat i have 11 yers cdla i will b takeing a drop n pay to get my wife trained at crst and we run team is this a good choice

5. scottvfly

scottvfly Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I current work for CRST VAN and its been a headache from day one. I'm a new driver only just know going into my 8th month with the company. I've had Ive had 6 different trucks all of witch have broken down on me at some point, I have to call ##### complain talk about lawsuits in order to get break down pay. If you decide to work there take out advancements only when needed, It's like pulling teeth to get remburmence done correctly for tolls, hotels etc... On the plus side when things are going well its real good I'm at .32 cpm miles split of course its a team company I'll make nearly 900 a week, but when its bad its real bad.. The communication between drivers and dispatch is zero, night and weekend dispatch have no clue at all.

If I have 7 years driving experience I sure as hell would be looking else where as thats why Im online now, looking for a new gig when my 8 months is done

6. milesandmilesofroad

milesandmilesofroad Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Nicksranger:
    you got a raise right? What do you think another company is going to pay you? Let's do the math. Let's say you get 32 cents per mile @ 2800 miles a week=896.00 a week,not shabby right, now your getting 25 cents a mile lets us same 2800 miles, this is $700.00 a week. Your griping over a difference of $196.00 a week before they tax that.

You unhappy? If you were making this kind of money being at a job at home,you wouldn't be at CRST

7. milesandmilesofroad

Oct 9, 2013
    It's what you make of it, a pay cut is a consideration I'd worry about if it's a huge pay cut, but you'll be running team with your wife and even with the split miles pay, you'll actually have what amounts to a second paycheck.

I personally wouldn't run team with my wife, I love momma to death but she wouldn't make a good road warrior. I run with my son and he is hard running so i put up with stuff

8. milesandmilesofroad

Oct 9, 2013
    ScottVFly:

Good deal, you stuck it out to complete the commitment, how many don't? Lots but by your own admission, it's good when everything comes together.

Let me ask you this? How's your relationship with your driver manager? Good, bad? six trucks? why don't you lease? the equipment is better when you lease from my view.

Here is my point, if you go elsewhere, your starting over again? starting over with pay scale, new company, new rules, you need to endure crap until you prove yourself and that may take time.

Don't get sucked up into the grass is greener over here crap others could be slinging here. You have to pay your dues anywhere you go.

companies love new people because they can put new hires under the loads the established guys won't haul.

9. scottvfly

scottvfly Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Miles,
    My relationship with my DM was terrible, he lied on a regular basis had to fight for every dime that CRST owed me. I say was because he has recently left the company. The only reason I'm still with CRST is to insure getting my CDL, I still have not gotten that because I have to retest at DMV whenever safety gets that set up I've been at home for two weeks waiting on that to happen havent made a dime sitting here. I can't lease due to being a California resident. Yes six trucks every truck I've had has broken down near the 3 weeks mark. I asked about training apparantly I don't have enough winter drive time. CRST wouldnt be bad if DM's respected and communicated with the drivers. Not to mention I signed with CRST to get my CDL not to become a OTR driver to start with.
    Yes things are good when everything comes together, from my experience is 4-5 days out out the 28 I'm on the road the rest of it, is nothing but a headache Lies from DM, poor communication from all non driver employees.

MILES do tell me one GOOD reason you think I should continue to do business with a company that lies, doesn't communicate with their drivers, has one of the worst safety records in OTR trucking, who I have to fight with almost daily to insure I get paid whats owed to me, who does not have prepass and nothing but problems with the trucks. ty

10. milesandmilesofroad

Oct 9, 2013
    ScottVFly:
    If it's that bad then perhaps you should look to another company but you did say in your original posting that you've been there now 8 months and neglected to mention that you still haven't got your CDL in hand.

Maybe I'm treated better because were established team drivers. I cam here from Schneider with a CDL and 15 years experience and over a million miles driven, and sometimes I forget this.

I would call operations and speak with the VP of Recruiting and share your issues and see if that gets you anywhere.

11. scottvfly

scottvfly Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Thanks Miles, yeah the whole CDL has been one big cluster #### from the start, I got a notice 3 weeks into training that I would have to go to the DMV and retest, I've had 7 appointments that at the DMV to test that I had to reschedule over and over again due to a lack of communication on CRST's part with the school they use here in SOCAL, now I've been sitting at home for two weeks with a PERMIT, waiting for Safety to get me a retest date. Now that your bring up recruiting, I had almost forgot never did get my lil 150 bonus for completing school, and my idiot of a recruiter just never returns my calls.

Here my biggest issue, I'm willing to do what it takes to due my Job ie run 600+ miles during my shift, help co driver as needed, I don't believe its out of Line to expect CRST to due what they are contractually obligated to do. IE pay breakdown ontime, IE pay my reimbursements, DM's communicate with me as a driver about a load, weather it will be open 24/7 or if its live load etc. That just makes good business since. I sold automobiles for 11 years and if I was to treat one of my customer the way I have here, I would have been fired and or never made a dime. I don't see why I should even bother to speak to the big wigs, this whole experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth I don't know that there is much Management could do for me at this point as it pertains to the view point I have..

It's like having a woman you care for cheat on you, spit in your face, and rob your bank account, and then she has the nerve to say she loves you..
    Once wronged really hard to respect and really hard to trust and If I can't trust this company I can't see why I should continue to work for them, thoguhts?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.