Can you park your truck at a Buc'ees, is there space?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by FearTheCorn, Nov 22, 2021.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    You wanna hear something sad? I drove back to the QT. Then walked over in 95 degree weather. I do enjoy Bucees.

I mean if we are going to boycott every place that doesn't like truckers, that would include a lot of shippers and receivers too LOL.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    My kids run around in Bucees swag in Pennsylvania. I’m a Texan at heart hahahaha. My favorite state.

D.Tibbitt and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  4. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Probably don't want the pizz bottles or smell, can't really fault them for that. We're our own worst enemy.

5. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Every one I have ever been by bans trucks and they aren't shy about spending the money on signage. For that reason> I will not spend money at one of them.

6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    There is a new Loves up north of Atlanta at Cartersville ga on 75. A Bucees just opened across the street and it's an easy walk over there if you ever go that way.

bentstrider83 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Buc'ee's accepts only the trucks that are delivering fuel and supplies. All over trucks are banned from their premises and they will enforce it. Why would anyone want to park somewhere else and walk to a non truck friendly travel center. Besides a travel center with over 100 gasoline pumps would be a madhouse of tourists. They can keep it and I won't even stop there when I'm out in the 5th wheel.

8. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Those not wanting to support them I totally get
    I’ve only been in 1 once and was impressed and understand why they don’t want it looking like that nasty Truckstop, it’s their business
    But many of us walk to places that don’t allow trucks all the time like restaurants etc and those same establishments would kick us off just the same

If you like their. Or other companies products then why not hoof it ?

There’s a lot of places I won’t leave my money at but never has it been because the company doesn’t want the “norm” nasty truck outfit in or their lots tore up

I need a better reason than faulting them for holding a standard. Whether I believe in it or not

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    bentstrider83, flood, Long FLD and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I have this little rule that I go by on a daily basis. I apply it to just about everything.
    "There's too much competition out there for me to (insert what applies here) "

In Buc'cee's case: "There's too much competition for me to have to support someone who doesn't support me". Anything I can buy there, there's a product at the competition that does support me. Never been there, won't go there, don't miss it one bit & I get everything I need down the road.

mjd4277, navypoppop, D.Tibbitt and 5 others Thank this.
  10. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    The real strange thing about the Bucee's in Calhoun, GA is, it sits right in the middle of a warehouse community served by hundreds of trucks. And that in itself will cause traffic problems.

11. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    y'all need to stop going to Wally world then.

so many of them have become truck unfriendly, granted for just reasons I'm sure.

I stopped going to them in the early 2000's.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.