Can you transfer a lease with Lone Mountain to another individual?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by BFL123, Oct 2, 2022.

1. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Ten4. I was unaware things were so concrete. Sounds like an unfair lopsided ”deal".

BFL123 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Then what you're looking for is a confirmation, not an answer to a question.

GoneButNotForgotten Thanks this.
  4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Hears the deal with lone mountain.
    Lone mountain sells 2 types of trucks, New and used.

They list the down payment as $X amount.... that is the minimum down
    payment. They do take trades in, they do discount the down payment for returning customers, they do discount the down payment if your lease on to certain companies...
    As a returning customer and leased to landstar they discounted my down payment on my 2015 prostar 50%.

Truck payment is $X amount... thats what it will be

Number of payments is what it saids... no discount for early pay off... it's a lease not a loan... make the last payment and the title will be at your house in 7 days

Price of truck is simple
    Number of payments X amount of payment + down payment = cost of truck..

Can you find cheaper trucks elsewhere yes.
    Can you negotiate price elsewhere yes.
    But remember when you do that you are financing (loan) and have all the dealer prep and financing (interest) added... with lone mountain you don't have that. You know what you total price we be before you Even call. Also as a lease payments are tax deductible

They will work with you to a point about your payment if you have major repairs... in my case I broke my ankle and was out for 2 months... I called and they changed my payment date out 3 weeks to give time for my disability to kick in...

I have known them to allow someone to (1 time) transfer the lease to someone else.

This is my 2nd lone mountain truck. My last payment is 10/20/22... the title will be at my house by 10/27/22

Nashville, RubyEagle, baha and 6 others Thank this.
  5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    My goodness.
    Actual information.
    That doesn't happen a lot around here.
    Well done

Aamcotrans, baha, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  6. BFL123

BFL123 Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    gaffney, sc
    Now that's a positive response. Thank You for the reply, I really appreciate it.

baha and bzinger Thank this.
  7. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    They better hurry up, though... LM only shows 5 trucks in stock, 2 2017 FL Cascadias with 600k on them for $72k and 3 2016 ProStars for $57.5k. No new inventory showing, either.

Them's gotta be some empty lots... 5 locations and only 5 trucks in the inventory (well, there are 20 day cabs available, but they are $81k and won't help here).

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. 19yrAsphaltCowboy

19yrAsphaltCowboy Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2022
    If all you want is a positive reply instead of honest legitimate replies. Why bother posting here?

9. BFL123

BFL123 Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    gaffney, sc
    Thanks for your outstanding post. You brought lots of great information to the question that was asked. Good thing you showed up to break the stalemate we had with this conversation. Not really sure how we got along without your fantastic knowledge on the original question. Thanks again friend, and safe travels

10. RubyEagle

RubyEagle Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    A new 579 or T680 NG daycab with a custom sleeper would be the bees knees. Nothing crazy, about 90", enough room for a Murphy bed and breakfast dinette and a bathroom/sink.

11. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I finished out the lease on two different LM trucks. Granted this was from two drivers I personally knew that had issues which no longer allowed them to drive.

I basically became their "driver" until the truck was paid off so they could avoid bankruptcy and scorching their credit. This does make for a sticky tax situation however. The payments you make on that truck are income to them and you are technically sub-leasing the truck.

All that said, it requires a high degree of trust in the person you're letting drive/buy the truck.

BFL123 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.