Canada's legal cannabis and the US

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by AModelCat, Sep 14, 2018.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    woolybully35us, Oldironfan and Oxbow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Oh can't wait for next seasons tow truck shows from up there. Bunch of dope heads upside down with doubles be "Ddduuuuuuddddeee" Bill-and-Ted.jpg

Yeah we do not allow dope heads in. Truthfully I am all for allowing the dope heads down here to imbibe. Just remove their license and we are all good.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Someone who has no other use or has never used cannabis in any form but is merely an investor is now viewed as equal, in the eyes of the law, as the drug user?
    Is this another case of changing the language for whatever purpose serves the agenda of the day? #metoo ?

5. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Will the us government prosecute American investors who invested in a Canadian company in the cannabis business? Are all their profits from said investments now the "proceeds of crime" and are subject to seizure/haul you off to jail? Even though the product in question is legal in a well developed, first world country?

What happens if someone from a state where cannabis is illegal opens a successful business where cannabis is legal? What laws are trump? Personally, I have a sneaky suspicion the laws that are enforced are whatever laws will allow whichever branch of government to impose their will over whomever they "need" to.

Oxbow, Badmon, Mattflat362 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Personally I could give a crap about legal weed. Never touched it before and don't intend to once its legal. On the plus side, based on the number of Canadians on the internet that are all bent out of shape over this means short border crossing lineups for me lol.

7. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Yep, same here. I don't have any money invested in any cannabis companies, but does this mean my retirement investment accounts could now potentially be demanded to be shown to a us border guard upon request? They can pound sand.

Oldironfan, Mattflat362 and AModelCat Thank this.
  8. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    That's one thing I didn't think of. Some of us aren't savvy investors so investment companies often provide an option to invest in a bundle of stocks that generally perform well. Many of us could have been investing in cannabis and never even knew.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  9. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    And I bet the response will be, "ignorance of the law is no excuse." As they ban you for life.

I wonder how long before the USA will become the hermit kingdom 2.0

10. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Honestly I think Trudeau went the wrong way about this. Its been a huge waste of money making new laws and rules for this. Should have just decriminalized small amounts (like a couple of joints) and called it good. People still get their dope fix, jails and court systems are less congested and it would have saved us taxpayers a lot of wasted money.

11. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    To add to that. Make it legal to grow your own personal amounts. Cap it at x plants per person, or per residence, whatever. They also want the cash to flow from consumer into their pocket rather than into a Mexican drug cartel pocket, to avoid all the bad stuff that comes with that territory.

Badmon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.