Canadian Citizen/US Permanent Resident

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Shart71, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Shart71

Shart71 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Currently live in the US (permanent resident-Canadian Citizen) and Recently obtained my cdl class a in the US, have been on the road a few months now. I have a couple of Canadian companies seemingly very interested in my services. Anyone know of any roadblocks or have any advice? Anything I need to prepare for working for Canadian company and living down south?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    No doubt. I would make sure you know what currency they intend to pay you. All companies are interested in CDL holders with a pulse.

4. clarkboys6

clarkboys6 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Central VA
    I am a dual citizen (Can/US) and I would suggest you spend a few dollars and meet with a competent accountant that has experience with US residents getting paid by a Canadian company. I do work in Canada for my own company which is registered in the US and you want to make sure you know exactly what you are getting into. Two issues that would concern me: 1. The currency exchange rate. 2. The country/province/state that will be taxing you. Lots of Canadians in the homeland are making 6-figures, but when you figure the exchange rate and tax rates, that equates to about $65K US...at least in VA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.