Canadian coming to Australia

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by ZMarinko, Mar 17, 2015.

1. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Well class how did we go with last weeks revision? Got a couple more that you might encounter 1. Boot: Trunk 2. Bonnet : Hood 3. Fortnight: 2 weeks 4. Kiwi : a New Zealander 5. Pot Plant: Potted Plant 6. Prang: Bingle automobile accident 7. Que : Line 8.Windscreen: Windshield

4. aussiejosh

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Well i came across an article about the US congress considering a new work visa called a "W visa" anyone know anything about the progress on that? Its supposed to make it a little easier for companies to hire oversea's workers, assuming the trucking industry would qualify.

5. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    So i'll be in Brissie / D'aguilar Nov 18 to Feb 6... Who is going to be nice enough to let me ride along and ask a million questions for a day? :D

6. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Never heard about a W visa yet

7. aussiejosh

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yeah thanks for replying don't think its actually been approved it was being talked about in congress a couple of years ago perhaps with the recession on they vetoed it? On another topic anyone know much about the Ice road trucking jobs? I've heard a few different stories about how they recruit, one company that was mentioned is RLC Robinson based out of Yellowknife NT any tips would be greatly appreciated.

8. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    You don't want to do that crap trust me.. I don't drive over lakes but the -40c+ with the windchill is not something many people enjoy..Plus trucks are very hard to keep running in that temperature.. Fuel gelling up, airlines freezing causing your brakes to freeze... not pleasant..

9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    RTL Robinson is now owned and managed by Westcan Bulk Transport (aka: the red army). Here is their winter road driver hiring page.

aussiejosh Thanks this.
  10. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Tli Cho is one of the only companies that will hire someone straight out of a trucking school to drive over the ice.

aussiejosh Thanks this.
  11. aussiejosh

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    yeah i have there pretty hot too although i do understand why you dig aussie chicks as well mate.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.