Canadian Employer sponsored CDL training

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Flying240, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Flying240

Flying240 Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Hey guys,
    My brother lives in Montreal and would like information on getting his CDL. I told him about the carrier sponsored training we have here in the US but wasn't sure on how Canada does their stuff. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Garththomas

Garththomas Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Each province has they're own training and licensing systems and requirements, your best bet would be to call Quebec based schools and companies to see if they offer anything or if they could direct you. Some companies offer rebates for tuition to private schools and there may be a Quebec provincially funded plan to cover costs. Actually I just read on another forum Hyndman which is owned by Celadon might have company training there.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Flying240 Thanks this.
  4. lexmark

lexmark Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    If your brother can handle 6 months of training before getting his Class1 then tell him to check out C.F,T,R. It's basically a vocational diploma program paid for by the Quebec government and only costs about $160. If he can only speak English he can only do the program in St Jerome but there are a few options if he can do it in French. There's also a heavy equipment school in St Jean sur Richelieu but I can't remember the name. Probably French only.

Outside of that most of the driving schools around Montreal offer a very basic course that is essentially driving only for 20 hours. Get the permit before hand and they'll teach you to pass the driving test and that's about it. Better than nothing I guess.

Flying240 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.