Canadian Trucking Predictions 2018

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Runawayscreaming, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Jamie Davis Towing... I have a friend that knows him. Great show, and one of the only true to life reality TV shows out there.

BigHossVolvo and Runawayscreaming Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    No random drug testing and better hours of service rules for starters

4. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    But, like Runaway stated, you have a clueless non English immigration issue up there... I work out of the Detroiter Truck Stop in, guess where, Detroit! I walk in there most days, and it is me and the two gals that are behind the counter that speak English, or Canadian in your case. ;-)

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    My thoughts on that will get me banned fo' shizzle.

BigHossVolvo and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  6. Runawayscreaming

Runawayscreaming Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Amiskwaciy Waskahikan
    I love Rawze's videos. He is a great resource:

Rawze's Collection on YouTube

I also read Rawze's website:

Rawze's Website

The further north you go in Canada the more deletes there are. I would say in oil patch areas like Grande Prairie most of the Cummins trucks are deleted as soon as they are off warranty. If you are going way out in the boonies with an ISX15 you pretty well have to delete it.

Note Readers: Rawze counsels against deletes.

Recent Rawze video (thermal imaging):

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  7. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    I know, but few have a clue what is really going on... ;-)

8. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    I have Rawze on speed dial, and talk to him a few times a year... He literally saved me from bankruptcy. I have a CM-871, ProStar, and have been running his MM tune for well over three years, maybe four. The man is a genius. I also talk with Unilever up in the GREAT WHITE NORTH, he to helped with my in frame, both men are worth their weight in GOLD. Trust me on that. ;-)

BigHossVolvo and Runawayscreaming Thank this.
  9. Adrienna Brown

Adrienna Brown Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Denver, CO
    A tuque is a knitted hat. I don't really want to go into my reasons on here for wanting to immigrate to Canada in depth on here because Americans like to debate with me. However, I will say I appreciate the way the country is run, and for what I want out of life I think the opportunities there are much better. I know the winters are horrible. I have debating whether or not I really want to drive a truck up there, so I have been looking for American companies that go up there. I want to experience it in different seasons, and it gives me even more chances to explore. I'll look at Detroit companies. Hopefully they hire out of Denver.

10. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    The roads are terrible, and the drivers are crazy... Most are new foreign arrivals, and they don't like Canadians or Americans. I used to run up there years ago, back when they had somewhat of a sane government. Now, no desire to go, very very expensive, especially essentials. My dispatcher is Canadian, and his wife is a nurse that works over in Detroit at one of our larger hospitals, for the health insurance. I was a nurse at one time too in Detroit, and most of our staff there was Canadian, they came for the health insurance. Some things never change. Good luck, but the real opportunities are still here. ;-)

11. Adrienna Brown

Adrienna Brown Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Denver, CO
    Well maybe I need to immigrate to Canada not driving a truck. I'll see. But as far as the healthcare thing, I have spoken to many a Canadian who like the health insurance as well as some who don't. It's just like here in America, some people like the insurance set up and some don't. I won't say the real opportunities are still in America because if that was the case, all of the Americans would be happy and no other country would have citizens because everyone is here. It depends on what you're looking for, what you want out of life. I know of some Americans who have immigrated to Canada, London, New Zealand, etc. and haven't looked back. America is not the greatest country there ever was, contrary to what some arrogant Americans believe. It doesn't work for everybody. It depends on the person. I won't revoke my citizenship here, but for a while now it hasn't been working for me.
    Thanks and good luck to you as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.