Canadian truckings dirty little secret... we all knew it.

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by upnorthwpg, Apr 26, 2018.

1. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    No, the government does the actual road test.
    So technically the student still could have gone for a road test.
    I think the guy meant the student was so bad, that he didn’t want to let them proceed any further. Some people just don’t have the knack.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shawn2130

Shawn2130 Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Ontario
    In Ontario here, since July 2017, people who want to drive trucks must now take a course and complete 104 hours of behind the wheel training before getting their License.

When I went for my class AZ 4 years ago, I just practiced driving truck, learned the questions to the written test, went in, passed, got my license.

That don’t happen anymore.

I’ve had a few friends high tail it to the drive test facility to get their AZ before the July rule changes even though they don’t work for a trucking company.

crankit2152 Thanks this.
  4. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    That’s a load of crap... a bunch of new Canadians failed the test here in Manitoba, fled to Ontario to a friendly school, and got licences there. Guarantee they didn’t do 100 hours.

5. Trailerdragger

Trailerdragger Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    It has nothing to do with training, it has to do with attitude, coming from a place where life is cheap. The authorities will only pay lip service, they serve the rich, the people that get killed on the highways by irresponsible trucking operations are merely "the cost of doing business".

Take a look, Gill got off, hauled overweight, endangered everyone, made a fortune and nothing happens to him.

Charges dropped against Edmonton trucking company accused of hauling overweight loads

People have to understand this is the real reason for the accidents, because it benefits the rich and there aint nothin u can do about it suckah!

Raamman Thanks this.
  6. upnorthwpg

Sep 23, 2011
    Agreed. That’s why when I said every provincial minister, trucking company and driving school has blood on their hands for the carnage on the highways. The dollar is more important.

magoo68 Thanks this.
  7. Trailerdragger

Mar 26, 2017
    Yes Yes Yes, that's the right way of thinking, this is being done to us on purpose by large corporations like grocery chains, gravel companies, construction companies, oil companies and so on and so on. They own our sorry excuse for a "government" and we will only every see them do "just a little bit" and blame it on bold faced lies like "lack of training".

The real question is how long are we going to allow our government to do this to us? Are we wimps?

8. Trailerdragger

Mar 26, 2017
    The corporations think there is nothing we can do about it. They assure themselves that they are protected from liability by the layers of subcontracting that are setup every where.

However........

There is one way to make the corporations liable, if they are informed that a subcontractor acting on their behalf is operating in and unsafe manner,

and......

They choose to do nothing about it.....

Then they can be held liable in a court of law.

9. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    The 104 hours is a joke of a program, in my current training program with my carrier, I drive better than all the other students in nearly every section. They did the 105 hours with their driving schools. Yet they can't corner or back for jacksh!t. They envy the fact that I got my license for $999 before they changed the rules. Only way I see these programs actually helping is if they do 500 hours minimum mixed city and long haul driving. I thought my driving was bad, but when I saw all these people who paid 8K for their AZ and still can't drive, it really makes me wonder.
    None of these driving schools teach you mountain driving, or anything you should really know. It's the same as pass as many students as possible and move onto the next round of students. Only difference is they pay more.

BigHossVolvo, magoo68 and uncleal13 Thank this.
  10. upnorthwpg

Sep 23, 2011
    Respectfully, your one of the problems. The 999 fee for your licence is simply to keep you under the 1000 threshold for reporting to the province. They charged you that to fly under the radar. If your driving is as bad as you say it is ( your words) do the public a favour. Stay off the roads until you get proplerly trained.

11. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    Im doing a 8 week training program with my carrier. I know many drivers who got their licenses at fly by night outfits and have flawless careers in trucking. My dad got his license for $999 12 years ago and hasn't had an accident or a single ticket since.

BigHossVolvo and magoo68 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.