Can't Be Legal

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JLMooreKCMO, Jan 11, 2021.

1. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
    Folks, I made a mistake. I know what PC is. My entire point is to show that the DOT will take you to task for any mistakes made during the PC move. I didn't mean to piss almost everyone here off. All I mean is, be careful with it. The shuysters with law degrees will look at your logs. Peace.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Personal conveyance is not just for finding a safe haven. I just passed an audit and I use pc everyday for whatever I need to do. So long as you start and stop in the same place there's no limit on the mileage or what you do unless it's just a rule your company has.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I know the frustration that you'd be going through, I think of it this way no one likes getting verbally abused, even though I'd fully understand you wanting to do so, I would usually try and get the person to understand how they'd feel if they were put in the exact same situation simply say "how would you feel in you were not provided with a bath room to use" ? So you get them to feel compassion or empathy rather then get them to feel anger or annoyance and you may be surprised how you suddenly will have the use of a bathroom.

650cat425 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    Responding with your own quote...

6. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Should I remove my boots before I try and cover it up? Asking for a friend.

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Omg, go talk to a manager or supervisor and just be blunt, tell them you’ll pay for the access, and hand them a Jackson.

had a driver in this same situation and so have I, I told my driver to hand the guy in charge of the dock a Jackson and see what happens, he had access to the bathroom and the locker room to take a shower. My case I got a manger who was a prick until I handed him a Jackson and a hamilton and he wasn’t a prick any more.

JoeyJunk and 650cat425 Thank this.
  8. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    @Dave_in_AZ

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I refuse to fear to exercise the few available comforts of this job on the account of law degree shysters. Was it not discussed in numerous threads before...Where does it say that you cannot PC with a loaded or empty trailer?
    How your company defined PC for you is a different story.

So by all means, If I were in the OP situation I would PC out of there and come back in 10 hours, if the shipper does not even allow that then I'd tell them where to stick their load.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  10. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    For a healthy person, a preparing for 10 hours of not using a bathroom or to be precise a toilet bowl is not a problem. The problem is the shipper imposing some idiotic, frivolous whims on people. They still cannot force a driver to drive beyond the fatigue point whether he spends 10 hours there or not. Only a fool could come up with the idea of a mandatory break at the shipper to ensure enough driving time after leaving the place. Only ignorant fool.
    I doubt if I were able to put up with that, no matter what bonus I'd get paid.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    JoeyJunk, truckguy391 and TokyoJoe Thank this.
  11. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    If the driver has to stay with the truck, make sure the rate includes an RV style truck.
    If the driver can leave the truck make sure to include a good motel and taxi/uber.

Why complicate it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.