Can't find my perfect truck driving job

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by skysnet, Sep 3, 2018.

1. HoustonTrucker

HoustonTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Only thing with boring low stress jobs is they usually dont pay squat. But if you're not worried about making top dollar something like that may be the ticket.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    i would agree somewhat with the folks who are stating that linehaul is NOT totally stress-free. However, i would contend that it IS largely stress-free; It's been so long i don't remember when was the last time i cussed doing linehaul. SERIOUSLY.

On the other hand, when i do city, i cuss at least 3 times per hour and sometimes 3 times per minute. Not kidding.

i think you're asking too much with the 4 day work week. On the other hand here at UPSF, you can accumulate quite a bit of vacation and personal days pretty quickly so that you could have 20 weeks out of the year be 4 day work weeks; You don't have to take a whole week of vacation, you could take just one day at a time. And then, you've got personal and sick days---i think 6 total to start.

On the other hand, there IS a way to get a 4 day work week here, but you'd have to run teams and since you have anxiety problems, it's probably best not to team............

Fuelinmyveins Thanks this.
  4. local439

local439 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Brentwood , Ca
    Auto parts shuttles around where there are auto plants have those kinda gigs.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I cussed plenty when I was doing linehaul.

Sitting for hours at a relay point for the ###-hole coming from the other end that can’t keep that left door shut only find the axles all the way back on a 53’, the trailer needing ID placards according to the manifest and it’s showing regular, lights not working and air leaks when I have to cross scales, running all night only to get back and be told to go sort and segregate somewhere for 4 hours....:mad:

6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Meanwhile your relay driver who goofed off for hours made it back to his terminal so late in his shift that he just went home instead of sorting and segregating for hours.
    9225A967-E667-4142-9FAD-71E014C382F9.gif

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s why I call my peddle run the best of both worlds, because how far away it is. :)

Did a linehaul run saturday, and ran less miles doing that than on a typical day during the week.

The night shift guys can have it.

tucker Thanks this.
  8. artek

artek Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2016
    NJ
    Stress free does not involve doubles/triples.

Sounds like you need a dedicated shuttle type job
    Factory to whse gig.
    Hostling/jockey is constant in/out of the cab and those yard tractors are typically bare bones... far from the conveniences of a road tractor.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  9. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    I take doubles from Carlisle to New England area 3 round trips a week. Best stress free job I ever had. LInehaul is where its at. Money is great too.

10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i HAVE that sort of job, (but i work 5 nights a week) and i love it. i work just under 9 hours nightly. (bad weather it can be about 1 to 2 hours longer)

you have to keep looking, as like my job, MANY DO HAVE a minimum of x number of years before they even look at your application.

good luck.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.