Career Path Forward in Trucking.....for a Felon.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by WeightedDips, Dec 22, 2021.

1. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Bagby Drive is over by the Travis county Exposition Center. Might be worth it for him to take a drive out there. ABF is also located on Bagby .

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    Makes sense. I was thinking you might be talking about a little bit bigger company that wouldn't be too bothered by a few extra applications submitted. I would like to find a company that runs through Southern California, at some point, but I am not trying to relocate to Southern California for a local job. Nothing wrong with San Diego and running local, but just not of interest to me.

4. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Look into smaller (200 trucks or less) family operated companies in your area. These people often care more about your work ethic than your past.

I'm also a felon, I've done more time in "The Hole" than you have served in total. There are companies that will work with you and not give a tinkers dam about your record... So long as it stays in the past.

Northern Nomad and CaliRaised Thank this.
  5. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    I basically found that with Dutch Maid Logistics (though not in my area). I looked into the smaller companies that are in my area and either they weren't willing to work with me or I just didn't like the impression I got from the companies. I may look at companies that run the areas I prefer (those that said no when I had no experience), once I reach a year of experience. Then again, Dutch Maid Logistics could find a way to make me decide that I have no reason look elsewhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.