Cargo Runner (Burr Ridge, IL.), another SCAM

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by AngelHart, Nov 27, 2023.

1. AngelHart

AngelHart Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2023
    I was a lease/op at this company for about 5 1/2 weeks. After all expenses and taxes (1099) I averaged $500/week. I didn't take any time off and was running on recap hrs most of the time. They get their loads off of load boards and brokers. Good luck getting paid for detention (there was a LOT of that), or layover. When I realized that it wasn't worth all the hard work, I resigned and turned the truck in. At that point they had over $1,200 in an escrow account and a little over $1,100 in a maintenance account. The settlement check was NEGATIVE $3,100. I supposedly OWED them $3,100. They had all kinds of fees on the paystub that I had never been told about. It was all erroneous charges just to keep the escrow money.
    This is a scam operation! Stay away..

Bud A., Flat Earth Trucker and TB John Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    A list of the "fees" and their amounts would be interesting. Any way for us to see those?

4. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Just talking to my wife about these things as she believe now a days in these times its a good majority of these types of occurences. Sorry to read about this happening to yet by telling you that it's not going to bring back your $3100. I am in Ontario, Canada and believe me it happens here too. My faith with these companies made me realize you always have to keep your guard up 24/7 and never believe false over hyped ads. Most of these companies even pay bot type commentary to be placed on 'Google' search with an abundance of lies on how good their company is but its always contrary towards that.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I find it shocking, shocking I tell you! A Chicago area L/P company being a rip off??

6. bertramnet

bertramnet Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2021
    I'm hearing from a Chicago based company called SIP Logistics. I've been driving for a couple years, recently lost my job due to company losing USPS contract and was receiving Unemployment for a few months. During that time, it appears the job market has tightened up considerably. I'm now getting a couple enquiries (that might be for the same entity) that are looking for a "Company Driver" but are requiring $250 per week for a "Security Deposit" which would be used towards an insurance deductible, potential costs of truck abandonment, or to cover any damage found upon leaving the company. From my perspective this sounds sketchy and would greatly appreciate insight. Oh yeah, the company is offering .65 cpm, 3000+ miles per week, and my choice of dry van, reefer, etc. Sounds dubious to me but I've been wrong before. Thanks in advance for any available feedback.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  7. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    $250/week as a security deposit?..
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Sounds like a big redflag to me especially if past drivers abandoned their trucks.

8. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Sounds like a scam. If it's not a scam it should be outlawed. Having to pay for your job is just wrong. And 250 bucks a week? That's outrageous.

mjd4277, Bud A., snowlauncher and 6 others Thank this.
  9. bertramnet

Mar 14, 2021
    Thanks - my thoughts completely. Virtually no chance this is legit especially with the obvious fake driver reviews on their website.

10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Run very far away

11. bertramnet

Mar 14, 2021
    Yup - most unfortunate

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.