Carolina Cargo is better than ever for new drivers with a felony.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by countrycuz, Jun 23, 2012.

1. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2012
    I graduated school in May and started working with Carolina Cargo at the end of May and have no complaints. I have to day I have been treated good and the smallest check I have received is 600 and largest was over 800. It's a good second chance company and you will get the miles. So far is been a good experience

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crow1feather

crow1feather Bobtail Member

May 20, 2012
    scuffletown, S.C
    Thanks for the info dirty south, i may possibly be seeing you, be safe & truck on!!!!!

4. DjArlt

DjArlt Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Lexington, North Carolina
    I was going to go to orientation this last wesnesday but came down with a nasty cold, so I'm heading down that way this upcoming wednesday to start my orientation. dirtysouth what trucking school did you graduate from? and what kinda insurance do they have for the drivers at carolina cargo?

5. crow1feather

May 20, 2012
    scuffletown, S.C
    what kind of milage, and road time are we looking at for that pay scale ???

6. DjArlt

DjArlt Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2012
    I'm guess for that much money he is averaging 50-60MPH at 18-20 hours a day(team driving of course). Of course running team you can run constantly up to 7 days a week if you play your cards right. crow1feather are you still having trouble finding a job? I've talked to a driver and the guy in charge of hiring for Carolina Cargo numerous times in the past 3 weeks and they seem very friendly and welcoming. They told me not to even worry about filling out an application just told me to show up to orientation on wednesday. I was going to say if you're ready to go we could meet up there because I know I'll definitely be there this upcoming wednesday. Money is getting tight and I need to start working ASAP. Heck if we started the same time and got along alright, we could possibly end up running as a team.

7. crow1feather

May 20, 2012
    scuffletown, S.C
    dj, you talking about wendsday the 18 ? My funds running low also let me get back to you around sunday the15 and let you know if i can make it or not , but hell yeah if we can team together that will be great and if your like me and need the work i'm sure we can get along. What time does orientation start.
    Thanks

8. DjArlt

DjArlt Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2012
    yes the next Wednesday is the one I'm referring to. I'm always up to meet new friends and it's easier going into something for the first time if you're not alone. I'm ready to run some miles and get some experience under my belt as I'm sure you are too.

9. crow1feather

May 20, 2012
    scuffletown, S.C
    what time does orientation start ??

10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    No offense but you should have known better than that. All this other companies are looking at that seeing poor judgement. How can they trust you to run an 80,000 lb truck down the road that's worth $100,000+ when they see you made a decision to do that? See what I'm saying?

11. DjArlt

DjArlt Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2012
    they told me to show up around 8 in the morning. everyone breaks laws it's just that they are not caught like I was. a speeding ticket is much worse than what I have on my record. I choose a safer alternative to alcohol and tobacco so as I see it I was being fairly responsible. 18 states in our country have legalized medical marijuana I'm just not lucky enough to live in one of them. don't be so quick to pass judgment. I don't see how me growing a plant makes me unworthy of driving a truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.