Carrier Comfortpro Apu not blowing air

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by DriverRomy, Jun 19, 2019.

1. DriverRomy

DriverRomy Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2019
    So, I recently bought a used (low hours) carrier comfortpro apu with the bunk blower for my truck. The generator works fine but when I try to use the blower(HVAC) for a/c or heat inside my truck it doesn't work. No air gets blown but the generator still works. On the driver control panel (the screen to control it) it says there are no faults but the temp is usually higher than it is(For example, if its 25°C inside the truck, it says its 35°C on the screen). I called Reefer Sales(Carrier dealer in my area) and they said it might be a temp sensor issue causing it not to blow air and I might need to replace the bunk unit. I was wondering if anybody else had this problem and how they managed to fix. Can I just buy a new temp sensor and repair or do I need to a new bunk unit? Just exhausting all my avenues of help to see if there's any possible ways of fixing it.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. Rounded_nut

Rounded_nut Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Does the fan come on at all? Might be worth the hundred bucks or so to pop by the dealer for a diagnostic.

3. bavarian

bavarian Medium Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    I agree. Anything else without a proper diagnosis will end in just throwing parts at it.
    It could be a blown fuse somewhere or a faulty blower motor, or simply a disconnected wire.

• Draft saved Draft deleted