Carrier failures more than triple in the first half of 2019

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by bigjoel, Sep 4, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Tarriffs have managed to increase the cost of toy choo choo trains (It's a formal and very highly technology hobby... using light hearted satire here to help ease the pain) about 15% in a few weeks. American orders no longer ask China Factory to make choo choo models. But now send the data and pricing etc to Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan etc to make good Choo Choos without the tarriff or trouble.

China would be unemployed when this is over. The specter of 2 billion people on china's version of unemployment excessive and past due Credit Card binging (They abandoned the path taught by 3000 years of careful money saving in life...) and pending riots from cities unable to afford rising cost of living. I think Hong Kong is first up. They will be beaten into compliance rather than shot up like tiniaman Square many years ago. All traces of which is removed.

IF china chooses to decide ok, they wish to essentally go to war with the United States to preserve their economic way of life and eliminate the Tarriff when we are eliminated as a credible fighting force... It may be a gamble for them worth taking.

In the mean time Im hearing some birdies related to money myself. I have taken a position I wont spend a #### Cent without a careful and powerful examination why I want to spend that penny today.

Try to be the one when you enter your bank, they SMILE at you.

IF you are the one who has to enter a bank and SMILE at them in the hopes of scraping some money together... you have not been doing it right.

MrEd, Dino soar, LoneRanger and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Available equipment capacity has far out weighed tonnage for a few years now. Even economists not associated with trucking wrote about it. It was only a matter of time.

x1Heavy, brsims and HoneyBadger67 Thank this.
  4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Love this.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Well if so many have bit or are biting the dust, why isn't the truck to load ratio going up?

Or do I still have my price filter set too high?

stayinback and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    It’s safe to say a truck driver doesn’t turn into a doctor overnight. He most likely stays a driver just a different company. which would mean capacity is still the same. Megas are just filling empty seats.

x1Heavy and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  7. flightconn

flightconn Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Great response, you laid it out there so anyone should understand it.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. flightconn

flightconn Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Is it the Tariffs? If Americans pay the tariffs like so many say, why is China so upset about the tariffs, they are not paying them and all the cheap #### my wife buys at Walmart still costs virtually the same.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    My toothbrush used to cost $3.92.
    I paid $5.76 for the last one.

I buy the battery operated. They clean better.

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  10. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Because Chinese have to pay for most of this tariffs by devaluing their currency creating more pressure on their manufacturing and supply chains. I hear that Chinese trying to build plants and factories in their undeveloped neighbor states and employ Chinese there.

11. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    When I had a business dealings in China I was starting to see China themselves outsourcing production to cut down costs.

This was 5 years ago. So Vietnam and a few other countries are starting to see more and more factories pop up there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.