Carrier411 negative freightguard report

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by owner/op, Oct 22, 2017.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Some time ago, I wanted to check mine too...I was a little worried after making a few cancellations in relatively short period of time which were the result of the load description / discussion not adhering to reality. For instance, commodity turned out to be scrap metal from a junk yard, or with another instance, a product that could have been labeled as HAZMAT even though the shipper assured me it was not. There were some vivid verbal exchanges about detention too.
    It seems, that many brokers may make rather frivolous entries there without consequences and you cannot respond to it, nor even see it.
    I don't know if there is anything said about me, but If so, I would like to know. A fair thing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Just have someone run your numbers.

TallJoe and PE_T Thank this.
  4. AaronP

AaronP Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2019
    I've got an account, anyone can PM me their MC to request.

5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Can't. You're blocked looks like.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I ran a load the other day for a broker I hadn't hauled for in a couple of years. He asked me for my MC # again and said, "hold on, I have to check something."

I knew he checking the carrier411 site. I asked him how I looked and his reply was "spotless!"

He was almost apologetic that he had to look, however, indicated that a lot of companies ratings have been tanking lately and they are being required by the company to get recent updates.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  7. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    That's consistent with what we've been seeing. I check everyone generally; unless you're one of the handful of guys I run with more than once a month. If that's the case, then I expect your CSA scores will be alright. Our system also auto-draws from Carrier 411 periodically, so I get CSA updates if something weird is up, and it flags it for me.

For me, it seems less a driver shortage out there, and more a 'drivers who don't suck' shortage.

spyder7723, clausland, wichris and 2 others Thank this.
  8. JDstrick

JDstrick Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2020
    so u think drivers suck...smiles

9. JDstrick

JDstrick Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2020
    just a paper tiger unchecked!

10. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    No, and frankly I resent that characterization. If you'd take your time to do a little reading on what I've said over the past two and a half years I've been actively posting here, you'd know otherwise. The fact of the matter is that every time there's a rate spike, there's a million and one people who decide to get into the market as owner operators, small business owners, and so on who have literally no clue what the hell they're doing. But hey, "it's just trucking, it can't be that bad!" And that's been the way things have shaken out the past year.

There's a ton of good smaller carriers out there. I've worked with thousands of dispatchers, drivers, and small companies at this point. The quality is across the board, for every good driver I work with, there's a middling driver and a crappy one out there, too. I'll tell you this, though- just about most of the folks I regularly interact with here I'd be happy to work with... and here's why- they're on this forum, working on bettering their craft. I started reading TTR a few years for the same reason. If I have an understanding of what you guys, as drivers, are dealing with, it makes me a more effective broker. And what better place to learn, share, and relate experiences than a forum dedicated to trucking? That's always been the point of why I've been here.

gekko1323, p608, Dale thompson and 6 others Thank this.
  11. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    I've read a number of your posts, and I believe you to be an honest & fair fellow who loves his job, along with being good at it. I wish many more were like you. If I needed to, I'd have no qualms with working with you.

In years past, I've used brokers for backhauls and most were like you, fair & honest, but albeit that was many moons ago in a much different time, a time when people actually met or talked with one another on the phone.

Trust is a fine line, trust too much, you'll get burned, trust too little and you'll miss out, hence the saying "trust but verify." I like your way of looking at and dealing with it.

There is usually two sides to every story, but this carrier411, FG, thing to me is wrong when someone just being vindictive can randomly file a complaint on there against a carrier that results in the carrier being blackballed with other brokers with no recourse, like @PE_Trans posted. Correct me if I'm wrong.

PE_T, 062 and PPDCT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.