Carrier411 negative freightguard report

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by owner/op, Oct 22, 2017.

1. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Magic 8 ball

PPDCT Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I'm curious about something. If a driver is on the way to pick up THAT load and is let's say is about 15 minutes away and get a call that "that load is cancelled". And this is because he found a cheaper truck.

Does the broker and the shipper work together in changing the pick up number for a different truck and if so does the shipper know what's going on? Because the first truck can still beat the cheaper truck to the pick up.

4. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    We don't cut carriers to book cheaper trucks at my brokerage, because once you get a reputation for that you lose capacity that you really need to be successful in the long run and it just isn't worth saving a few bucks or the wasted manpower working a covered load that could be used on something more productive.

That being said, we will cut a carrier that hasn't accepted macropoint if it's a macropoint required load (some of our customers require macropoint or fourkites tracking on every shipment. If the driver hasn't accepted macropoint and we end up assigning another carrier that will accept it, we let the shipper know not to load the driver from "XYZ" carrier because he wouldn't accept macropoint.

And to clarify for every driver that is about to gripe about the above, we are super up front about the macropoint requirement when booking the load, and we give them plenty of chances to start tracking via macropoint before assigning a new carrier. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

p608 Thanks this.
  5. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Can't speak to that, I'm not in the habit of doing that. The only time I cancel someone once they're en route is if something at the shipper has caused shenanigans, or the receiver has cancelled/can't receive the product. And if the carrier is en route, I immediately cut a TONU. I'm not looking to burn any relationships in either direction.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    User666 and p608 Thank this.
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Your reputable brokers are done with a load when it's covered. It's not even open for discussion at that point. I know people gripe about TQL shopping loads but I have never had it happen. Every mega broker I've ever worked with seems to a be good about this and have higher standards there.

On the other hand I've called on loads before and had some snake suggest I could undercut someone already on a load, usually when capacity is loose. I hang up, make a mental note, and don't work with them on anything from that point onwards.

You have to be very selective out here in who you book freight with. A lot of drivers just get all hung up on a load because the rate appears really good or they need that load badly to make a connection down the line. But when that load comes from a hustler and the driver/carrier gets hustled then it wasn't so good after all. I see a lot of brokers now who post up great looking rates that I would not deal with under any circumstances and the reason they are posting that #### is because they have burnt so many bridges already.

User666, JimmyTwoTimes, DUNE-T and 2 others Thank this.
  7. DMTLLC

DMTLLC Light Load Member

May 1, 2020
    @ PPDCT....Transporting Heavy Equipment for over 40 years I know plenty people in the Business...people talk, not good for a Broker that is dishonest.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  8. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Fair enough. Not questioning you, was just curious as to what the situation was.

DMTLLC Thanks this.
  9. DMTLLC

DMTLLC Light Load Member

May 1, 2020
    Is that what you use?

10. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Well what method did you use?

11. DMTLLC

DMTLLC Light Load Member

May 1, 2020
    FACTS....
    Are you a Broker?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.