Carroll Fulmer Logistics of Groveland, FL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by popsgone, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florida Girl

Florida Girl Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Ocala,Fl.
    I replied because at the time no one else did and I did not want to be rude and ignore you, maybe I should have, The common knowledge was that he drives dedicated and the pay is different then OTR.

double yellow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    if u need health ins this may not be the right company. pay is low. miles are ok they will keep you running. when i quit over the high cost of health ins i had to contact the labor dept to get my deposit back.

antoinefinch and OFTOTR Thank this.
  4. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    it was 35 a few year ago . im sure its gone down

5. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2013
    :biggrin_25517:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  6. Jerzeegirlc

Jerzeegirlc Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    NJ (South Jersey)
    If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. :yes2557:

7. AllBidness

AllBidness Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Dallas, GA
    CF is a good company. I drove for them for three months at one point (had to quit because I got real sick from a kidney stone that would not pass) and for nearly two years after that. Most of the people there are very nice. There's one person in planning and one in dispatch that I would not pee on if they caught fire, because they do not do their job, but then tell you how to do yours. I had five driver managers the last time I was there because it's like a revolving door in that dispatch office. They fired two of the driver managers I had. One I had that went to planning is a relative (stepson) of the Fulmers. I asked his cousin, Kyle (driver relations) to get me off his board. He does not know what he's doing. CF is going to keep you busy. They are using electronic logs now, though. You can't do anything wrong. You pay into escrow, but after a month and a half after you leave, they do give it back to you, as long as you have not torn up their truck. One bad thing about CF is that they lie about sending you to the northeast. They say those loads are rare, and that's an outright lie. They were sending me up there at least twice a month. You will get sick of Ga Pacific. This is their biggest customer. They were always sending me to Big Island GP, which I HATE. That's why I quit. I asked them not to send me there (this is the ONLY place I asked not to go to) and they just kept trying to do so. I know a lot of guys that were good experienced drivers who left because of no pay raise, or low cap on the raise. Like a lot of companies, they make a lot off of their drivers. Nothing new there. If anyone has any questions about specific issues I had, be my guest to message me personally on here. I have no reason to lie about anything.

antoinefinch Thanks this.
  8. Jerzeegirlc

Dec 14, 2013
    NJ (South Jersey)
    Big Island... Is that the place out in the middle of nowhere? Really off the beaten path?

9. AllBidness

Oct 22, 2013
    Dallas, GA
    Yes, it's crazy trying to get there. There is a restricted road up there that you can fall off of (it's in the mountains near Lynchburg, VA). You get a high fine for getting on it. The roads that you ARE allowed on SUCK! I am a cautious driver, and do not go fast up there. I had a friend named Brian at CF that used to drive on all kinds of crazy roads and used to deliver to farms and other out of the way places. He said they sent him up there during a snow storm and it made him nervous. The last time I went up there, I had to pick up a trailer that GP overloaded by 2,000 lbs. on the rear axles (it was in the scalehouse on I-81, they stopped the driver that picked it up from GP. It rode terrible, jerking me all over the place. Then that idiot woman up there accused me and the other driver of slamming our brakes and causing the load to shift (doesn't even make sense) when I brought it back to them.

antoinefinch and Jerzeegirlc Thank this.
  10. Jerzeegirlc

Dec 14, 2013
    NJ (South Jersey)
    oh man, i hear ya. I was there once. Had a co-driver at the time, and fortunately he was driving. Man those roads aren't meant for trucks. And we were driving in the dark too. That stuff is just rediculous ! Lol!

11. AllBidness

Oct 22, 2013
    Dallas, GA
    It was nice talking to you Jerzeegirlc. I wish you the best. Hope CF is good to you.---AllBidness

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.