Carrying a bicycle on your truck

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jme2788, Apr 17, 2024.

1. jme2788

jme2788 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2020
    Does anyone do it? I'm wondering how I could get it to hang in the box... I'm gunna be needing exercise for sure...

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    With my non folder, i would take front wheel off and drape it over passenger seat with forks and handlebar in footwell. Folder like my Montague rode on seat. Some people will put dike on top bunk or against back wall in bunk

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Get a folding bike & carry it inside the sleeper. That'll keep the road grime off of it.
    ~
    Can also get electric folding bikes.

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

once you drive a truck, and see how most people drive, you may not want to ever be anywhere near those smartphone users/driver without 30,000 lbs of plastic around you. Bikes take up a lot of space. walking is exercise, requires little more than shoes.

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The easiest would be to get a folding bike or a mini bike like the Velo Orange Neutrino. If that’s not an option you could get a wheel bag and store the bike and wheels on the top bunk. I also know of one guy who removed the passenger seat to carry a folding bike.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Now is you chance to get a Unicycle. Its much more exercise than a bicycle and takes much less room
    Also get on Facebook and join Truckers with Bicycles and read the sticky post on how and where to put bike. Its a sticky because its always the first post of new members

Dennixx and Long FLD Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  9. jme2788

jme2788 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2020
    I hear you.. I like riding bikes but I am open to both walking and joining a gym if it's not practical. I thought there may be something to hang it from the side of the wall in my truck. Until I get a full load and it gets completely mangled. Thanks for the reply.

tscottme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.