Carrying firearms in a truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by GasHauler, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenerGrass

GreenerGrass Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Ozark Mountains
    Teaser.

First let me say thank you for serving this country. I salute you!

But I have to respectfully disagree with you on not letting yourself become a victim. People everyday become a victim because of someone elses choices, not theirs. The latest being the mall shootings. Innocent people shopping minding their own business and because of one persons deranged choice they became victoms. Because of a sane persons choice to carry a weapon this sick person was stopped before any worse carnage was done. We cannot control what other people do but we can somewhat be prepared for these circumstances by carrying a CW.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    I think most of us used to carry our weapons years ago...I used to carry my .45 as I went into the Bronx all the time and Philadelphia. I was in some very dangerous areas and, at the time, I didn't care if it was legal or not...and of course it is NOT and would have been a Federal offense if I was caught. NOW, it is even worse...if you get caught with a gun in your truck now, you will definitely go under the jail for sure. Heck, the police in the Bronx used to TELL us that we were idiots if we didn't have something...times are different after 9/11 and all the school shootings and such. Now, you might be good at hiding it in your truck...but that police dog only has to step up on your steps and can smell it, they are trained for that. Be careful, this is truly a different country from just a few short years ago!

4. 379 Peterbilt

379 Peterbilt Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    That is the most truthfull one line sentence ever posted on the internet. The word "different" is a nice way of saying the country is going to hell in a handbasket thanks to leftist liberal ideology. Yes?

Also agree with the rest as well. As for the dogs sniffing out a gun, I gotta ask, what smell are they trained to seek out? Spent powder scents? A cleaned or never fired gun should only smell like metal/plastic/oil. Maybe they are sniffing for ammo ie; lead and or unspent powder?

Curious as to the "federal" charges if caught in say NYC with some personal protection. Too many laws to keep up on no doubt.

5. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land
    Just had to Post this one........

This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible
    victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is
    more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is
    supplemental. As John Steinbeck once said :

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll
    just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the
    Mall.

5. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. (but shoot first
    anyway, then call 911)

6. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter
    recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him, 'Why
    do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded with, 'Because they don't make a
    46.'

7. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

8. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on
    his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?' 'NO Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle.' (Winchester Model 94 30-30 Cal. and loaded with
    Winchester Silver Tips, no doubt).

9. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

To this I will add my comments. I was once asked by a lady visiting, if I had a gun in the house. To which I said I did. She said, 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, 'Of course it is loaded.' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of some one evil coming into your house?' My reply was,'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED.'

photolurp2 and HwyPilot Thank this.
  6. BooBooMaker

BooBooMaker Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Benson, NC
    The only thing I didn't like about the previous post is that it wasn't me!!!

7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Many moons ago I attended Ohio Diesel Tech in Cleveland, OH where I learned how to work on big trucks.

In fuel injection class, the instructor gave a little demonstration (unauthorized by the school I'm sure) of using an injector pop-off pressure tester as a flame thrower. He mounted up an injector in the tester, lit a rolled piece of paper and pumped the handle on the tester... shooting a huge flame quite a distance. It was quite impressive.

So this got me thinking... why not mount a flame thrower on the running boards? It'd be easily accomplished, using the onboard compressed air to atomize a stream of diesel sucked up from the tank, some tubing, a couple of quartz ignitors, a secret floor switch--Presto! Instant crispy critters!

Crackhead lumper won't take no for an answer? Step on the switch!

Lot lizards in West Memphis got you down? Step on the switch!

The Man hassling you in Banning? POOF! Bye-bye Mr. DOT Man.

This brings to mind something else I've been thinking about doing--an AGM114L Hellfire missile battery mounted up under the airfoil. Once press of a button and the beat up old dash in your Diamond-Reo-Super-International-Eagle-Scout is magically transformed into the instrument panel of an AH-64 Apache helicopter. The heads-up display is beamed on to the backside of the nicotine stained glass so you can lock on to your target as the airfoil folds back to reveal the massive firepower that lies beneath.

Drunken idiot coming at you the wrong way on the big road? "CLICK... vrrrrrrrttttt... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! Ka-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

Bye-bye Mr. Drunken Idiot!

Banning coop open for business? "CLICK... vrrrrrrrttttt... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! Ka-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

Bye-bye chicken coop!

OHP lit you up for 56 in a 55? "CLICK... vrrrrrrrttttt... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! Ka-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

Bye-bye communist pig!

These are just a few of the multitude of inventions that I'll be patenting in the next couple of weeks. Coming soon to a truckstop near you!

:biggrin_2553:

8. 2xR

2xR Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Ol' North State
    Stating fantasies such as these might get you on somebodies watch list. Careful.

I do like the idea of the flame thrower on the side-step, but, maybe a scaled down version that would just singe the britches legs a bit.

How 'bout this? An air powered weed-eater head mounted so that when a shot of compressed air spools it up to about 10,000 rpms it would really stripe a loiters legs and ###. Whizzzzzeee!!!

9. BooBooMaker

BooBooMaker Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Benson, NC
    I sure do hope the truckstops carrying these items will be posted here. I'd like to avoid any and all of them. It's bad enough when folks get new CB equipment installed. They start testing it out in the parking lot and ...well U know. Everybodies got to "check" theirs. Can U just picture that same scenario with this equipment??? Not even!

10. zenix

zenix Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Oregon
    they got them as an option on south African cars
    pretty crazy

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car/

11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

You must be right. The liberals have been in charge for the last 30 years. It is their fault......

Now as to the dogs. They are trained to smell gun powder. Some are trained in the various types explosives.

My late german shepherd had an excellent nose. He could smell his toy when it was under water and in the current.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.