Carrying firearms in a truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by GasHauler, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sodbuster03

sodbuster03 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2009
    western,nc
    I will admit to carrying. In fact I carry 24/7. Only place I don't carry is in my kids school or when I "have to" go inside a bank. Had a funny instance in the local outback when a "concerned citizen" went to the manager, because I leaned over to pick my kids napkin up & my shirt road up showing the 1911 I had. Now here is three couple's with a total of seven kids among us & the manager assume's I'm a criminal. Local deputy showed up, met him outside to keep the scene small. He informed the manager & owner by phone I had a legal right to carry as they did not have a sign posted. Of course I then "declined" to conttinue with my meal, which worked out how I thought it would. Free meal, waitress did get close to a $60 tip though. Score one for the 2nd.

These company polices will change one day, after a CCP holder is harmed in their truck or on the company property & the CCP holder or their family sues the company for denying them their 2nd amendmant right. Has happened already in the corporate world.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. grimesjm1

grimesjm1 Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Kensington,OH
    the right to bear arms wasnt for hunting and says nothing about hunting.

4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

You do not have a second amendment right when on the property of another person.

Unless you are going to say that one person's rights are better than anothers.

5. sodbuster03

sodbuster03 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2009
    western,nc
    That's a "grey" area IMO. I do have that right unless they have a sign. While I won't say my rights are better than anyone elses, I will say my life is more valuable than their "property" rights!

The more I think of it all the anti gun folks need to just commune in the same place & see how long they stay safe, your either the wolf or the sheep!

6. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Actually you do if they don't have it posted that you cannot carry on their property.

7. REVN

REVN Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2010
    UP STATE NY
    One should wonder how a law such as that was thought of and passed..Strange that our right to bare arms is to defend our self from an over powering freedom taking away government,and your right to bare arms has been taken away from you by the government while in a truck.hmmmm when forced into a DOT inspection site is DOT ARMED? hmmmm why do they need guns to inspect a truck? I dont remember any of my car inspections being done at gun point..hmmmmm

Truck drivers are some times in areas of this country with a very high crime rate,and their life is in danger by just being their and the fact they have cargo puts the driver at more of a risk,and need for self protection,how in the world did such a law gett passed..IF a law is good for the people then why is the government passing laws with out a vote on said law by the people the law will be imposed on? where has the freedom gone?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  8. Freighttrain

Freighttrain Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Gadsden,Al
    Actually,there are laws on the books that state that business cannot restrict you from having a weapon in your vehicle while on their property in many state.And there are many other state attempting to pass the same laws.Have you ever noticed that the big shootings are alway at gun free zones?More gun restrictions more crime.Shown time and time again.Less gun laws the safer you are.Ask Kennesaw Georgia.

9. Swaps

Swaps Heavy Load Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Minnesota
    I know that pistols are a touchy subject. I currently own a Beretta 92fs and would like to carry it with me. But what about long guns. Say I buy a Beretta Cx4, which is a relatively small rifle, small in size and in caliber since they're most common in 9mm. MN law says you dont need a permit, and can be only 18 to purchase a long gun, where as to buy a handgun of any sort, you need to be over 21, and have a permit. To get a permit you must have a background check done at a local law enforcement center.

But how would that apply to carrying it on a commercial truck? I'd much rather have my pistol with me, but if I have to buy a "long gun" then I'll do it.

10. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I think what a large percentage of the anti-gun crowd fail to realize, or won't admit, is that because of legal concealed carry permits being issued to law abiding citizens, it benefits everyone --- including those who are anti-gun opinionated.

When bad guys don't know who's armed and who isn't, it tends to make them think twice, then reconsider doing a crime that could get 'em shot.
    I think if more people carried a firearm, there'd be less need to actually use one.

You've already answered your question.
    I high-lighted it above. :biggrin_25525:

I'm not familiar with the measurements of a Beretta Cx4, but if they're anywhere close to a 12 or 20 gauge 18 inch barreled riot gun, I'd opt for multiple pellets over a single 115, or so, grain projectile. A 9mm has a much longer range and more potential penetration capabilities to consider in the event of a wild shot. And trying to hit a target with only one bullet is more of a challenge than launching an ounce or more of pellets.
    HaiL!
    With a shotgun, it's even possible to hit several bad guys with one squeeze of the trigger. This ain't sport shootin', but it could be a matter of life or death. Take every advantage available.

11. Swaps

Swaps Heavy Load Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Minnesota
    Yes, you do have a much better spread to hit the target, then again, you also have a much better spread to F up your truck!
    And the reason that swat and police use a submachine gun like the H&K MP5, that shoots a 9mm round, is that the penetration is limited. If they're in an appartment complex, the bullets wont go through the walls, and if they do, their momentum and force will be so greatly reduced that the impact will be minimal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.