Cascadia 2014 parking brake beep issue

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Jazmarwah, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Jazmarwah

Jazmarwah Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to share my issue with 2014 Freightliner cascadia truck. I hope someone can help me solve this annoying issue.
    With truck engine on and parking brakes applied and doors closed, it keeps beeping and shows "park brake on ! " on the little screen continuously where we see odometer reading and all the menus.
    It comes and goes sometime it stays on forever and sometimes for abit.
    The moment I release the yellow parking brake for the truck then it stops beeping and no signs on the screen , everything normal. But the moment i put the parking brake on again it starts beeping and beeping and beeping so annoying. So i keep my brakes released with trailer brakes on so that i don't have to hear this beeping noise.
    My repair guy changed the park brake sensor but the problem still exist. Can anybody help?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Ecm issue?
    Or bad ground wire maybe, or harness wire?

magoo68 Thanks this.
  4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Love my old iron, I would unhook the flippin speaker if it was mine. lol

S M D and Intothesunset Thank this.
  5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Kinda sounds like the truck thinks you’re driving when parked..it might be something like a vehicle speed sensor or maybe even a wheel abs sensor messing up

6. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    It could be related to the door I have a 14 cascadia I’ve only been in like 2 3 times and once the door wasn’t shut all the way while moving it. The freaking buzzer wouldn’t stop beeping
    Once you slam the door shut if it’s still beeping. Have someone outside push the doors towards inside see if it stops

Also try this.

Leave one window open and shut the door hard see what happens.

The cascadias Doors are like a corvettes hatch. You have to open the window on the doors to be Abel to close the hatch softly because of the pressurized cabin. Cascadias are the same way

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.