Cascadia DD15 Doser Injector

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by shaneWalker, Nov 27, 2014.

1. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    I don't know what to say.. may work . DPF Zone 3 means you have clogged DPF/Fantastic high backpressure...
    what a junk is Cascadia. Others are not better too..

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Road Killer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. eswifttt

eswifttt Bobtail Member

May 12, 2009
    ATL

4. eswifttt

eswifttt Bobtail Member

May 12, 2009
    ATL

5. eswifttt

eswifttt Bobtail Member

May 12, 2009
    ATL
    I was broke down in Houston when my Regen light came on, NP i stop to pull over and do a Parked regen but it never finished so I took it to Porter truck sells on McCarty that cleans DPF filters. They put it on the computer and it gave a high ash and a very high soot code. I was going to let them clean my filter but when they took it off it was cracked. i couldn't even get a reman because my core was bad. Freighter wanted 4900$ for one without a core. I was able to find a an aftermarket one for 1944$
    after it was installed I still got a very high soot code which b
    derated my truck and kept shutting down. we notice onthe computer the DOC inlet temp never got over 425. I finally decided to go to Freighter, that told me over the phone they could reset the code if I had a new filter installed. when I got I had to wait 3hrs,when they got to me their computers wouldn't connect. After waiting 5hrs for a 5min reset they told me they couldn't do a reset because it wouldn't regen... what! thats what I told you idiots why i was bringing it to you, they charged me 300 to tell what i told them...wow. needless to say i at a small little shop who has found the problem. my throttle didn't close all the way Im sure they didn't have to, but they replaced the choke throttle body...they are still working on it but it at least the temp is rising and it looking like it might complete the regen.

6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    what year is your truck ?

Road Killer Thanks this.
  7. steven76

steven76 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    My dpf filter cracked ... how the #### is cascadia. All truck is crap. I get out from this trap business. You get a truck for 60 000. Repair cost 20 000 a year. Oil change tires all crap. It's add up. You get a load for 1.6-1.8 work 100 000 miles a year. That's 9 month you not home. Huge numbers look like but end of the year you made ####. Also your truck price worth #### ! Top of that you not home that all.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  8. steven76

Oct 9, 2014
    Let me know

Road Killer Thanks this.
  9. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    I am thinking to get Volvo with 2015 isx . tired to fix this Cascadia...

Road Killer Thanks this.
  10. steven76

Oct 9, 2014
    Well. Try to wait till 2018 and get a new Volvo. Mpg is over 10 under load. But you may need to wait for a little because this new rules will kill this business

Road Killer Thanks this.
  11. zablon

zablon Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2015
    Recently had a similar experience where a regen process starts (ie press the regen button and engine rpms go up) but would not complete. What happens is it would not get the exhaust temp high enough to do the actual regen. The computer has a timer of about 15-20 min from the start of the regn cycle for the exhaust gases to get hot above about 750-800 degrees. If temps do not go above that threshold it aborts the regen attempt but stupidly enough does not reduce the engine rpms, so we are left sitting there for however long with the engine rpms running on high until you have to manually stop it.
    The doser injector is responsible for spraying fuel into the exhaust that in turn raises the temp in the 1box.
    What it turned out to be is that soot/carbon had built up in front of the doser injector blocking the spray from actually reaching the exhaust gases flowing into the 1box.
    Remedy: Remove the injector and clean it but also poke around inside of the housing where the injector sits (dont damege the threads) with a thin long screwdriver to break the built up soot blocking the fuel spray.
    Reinstall doser - purge air out of doser using the service routine on computer and attempt a regen cycle.

ichudov and Road Killer Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.