Cascadia DD15 Doser Injector

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by shaneWalker, Nov 27, 2014.

1. steven76

steven76 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    In my case the dpf filter was cracked. Expensive problem. :(

Road Killer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bossboy2

bossboy2 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Houston, TX
    And here, all this time I thought there was just a def injector. I had no idea there was a diesel injector and a DEF injector

shatteredsquare and Road Killer Thank this.
  4. bossboy2

Aug 20, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Cascadias are not junk. I've been driving for 22 years and mine far surpasses all the other trucks I've driven. And I have a DD13. There are things I don't like about it but all in all, it's the best truck I have ever owned. You got to remember, you have to maintain a truck. It's not going to just run and run and run without some maintenance. You would be best advised two get familiar with the DOC systems. Just like ignition points in years past, these systems are going to require maintenance and if they are maintained properly they will pretty much last the lifetime of the truck. That said, there is the Catalyst issue. But you do have to change parts to ensure your system is working properly. At 600,000 miles my Inlet nox sensor quit. In about a month I'm going to change both thermocouple simply because the Catalyst depends on those temperature output. If you don't get a proper regen that Catalyst won't last. And it all depends on how much heat the Catalyst gets during regens.

5. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    hehe... my friend good luck to you. change the temperature sensors on 1 box if you think that will save your atd. )))))))))))) instead of sensors you need to change something else. )))))
    I drive and fix trucks 17 years. I have diagnostic software, literature and knowledge you can't even imagine.

now if you want to do maintenance on ATD :
    1. replace hydrocarbon doser valve with new one every 500.000 m. if you won't do this 80% at 650.00 you will have toasted 1 box because of fuel leak into 1 box. remove doser injector and clean the hole on exhaust pipe where it seats. do this every year before winter.
    2. new DOC inlet pressure sensor every 600.000 miles
    3. clean pressure sensors tubes ( rubber and metallic, there are 2 sensors on 1 box) from soot every 300.000 miles. also remove sensors and clean the housing's holes from soot. if you see rubber tubes are bad replace them.
    4 pray every day. because only God can save you from having bad 1 box due to shifted DOC piece or broken SRC inside of housing.
    don't waste money on temp sensors. they are usually bulletproof.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  6. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I've had the DPF outlet temperature sensor go bad on two different trucks, both Freightliners, one a DD15, and one a Series 60.

7. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    if it goes bad change it. bad temp sensor will not kill your ATD or will not make you towed. if it is working no need to change it.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  8. bossboy2

Aug 20, 2011
    Houston, TX
    MHYN, Can you explain a few things to me? The hydrocarbon doser valve and the doser injector, what are these and where are they? Also, you're saying to clean the pressure sensor tubes. Where are these located? Are these items expensive? Also, are any special tools needed and, if so, where can we get them?

Road Killer Thanks this.
  9. Road Killer

Road Killer Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Middletown, DE
    Thanks a lot driver. Yesterday on my 2014 Peterbilt 384, with 415000 miles. I did try to remove doser injector and clean the hole on exhaust pipe where it seats, but I did rush and did not use WD-40, so I did cut out a one bolt, I did not dare to break the other 2 bolts. I will drive as is, until check engine comine up.

10. Road Killer

Road Killer Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Middletown, DE
    Thanks a lot driver. I am owner of 2014 Peterbilt 384, so I will not to get my next truck Fraightliner. I will get again Pet, or KW.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.