Cascadia DD15 Doser Injector

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by shaneWalker, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Jldfreight

Jldfreight Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2020
    I carry an extra doser valve with me.
    I carry an extra doser valve with me. When it throws that type of code I can replace it without paying 125.00/hr to a shop. Most times takes care of problem. But good ole Freightliner does’t think there’s a prom let.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OneTwentyOne

OneTwentyOne Light Load Member

May 19, 2016
    Like Mhyn said, pray to God because only God can bar you from any issues with your ATD system.

I have a 2010 Cascadia, EPA07, Million Miler, that I keep good maintenance on the ATD system. I remove & clean the venturi and crossover pipe bout every year or so. Clean the soot out of both pipes, change the IMAP sensor & the Delta-P sensor, remove and clean out the diesel Doser Injector and I am sitting in the Holiday Inn Express in Dallas TX just down the road from the Freightliner Dealership. Here goes:

The truck will not complete a REGEN, it starts good, the HEST light remains on and after about 15-20 minutes starts to flash until is steady's itself again for about another 15-20 minutes, etc.. did this for over an hours.

Took it to FL last night and they have been troubleshooting all day, no complete REGEN, then they perform a complete fuel integrity check, that checked out okay, they removed the EGR elbow to see if there was any fuel in there and all looks good, they checked cylinder compression, they checked all the temp sensors, Delta-P sensor, and still no luck.

They are telling me that the DOC temperature is around 600 while the DPF temperature goes up to almost 1000, they are telling me that they believe the problem is a bad DOC and have to remove the DOC / DPF to figure out, but they assure me that the problem is at the connection point between both of these parts, maybe a cracked DPF or in fact a bad DOC???? They assure me its not the Dosser pen or block. At $1,500 of troubleshooting and they still can't for sure tell me what the problem is.

The bad part about all is is that due to Coronavirus - I can't go to a watering hole to forget about this madness.... More to follow, this is my 2nd night at the Holiday Inn, I will post more tomorrow.

Myhn - if you have some theories man, please float them my way - my pockets are getting sacked.

SPN003719 31 was / is the code.

thanks,

4. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Unfortunately, sounds like a bad one box.

5. OneTwentyOne

May 19, 2016
    Thanks for the reply, but I do not have a 1-Box, I have a pre DEF unit (EPA07), DOC & DPF.

UPDATE: I was informed by Freightliner this morning that both DOC & DPF need to be replaced.
    Verification of REGEN not completed included:
    - after 15 minutes of REGEN found DPF temp rose quickly past DOC temp by 200 degrees
    - checked air filter restricition OK
    - check with engine cold - compared BARO to IMP BARO reading 14.35psi and IMP reading 14.2psi within SPEC
    - Delta-P reading .72V in SPEC
    - Inspected EGR pull rod for damages / binding, all OK
    - performed ISB test passed
    - compared DPF out tem to DOC out temp OK
    - compared intake manifold temp to CAC temp OK
    - EGR Delta-P voltage OK
    - pulled EGR cooler outlet pipe and inspected for any fuel, found none. OK
    - performed FSIC test
    - performed another REGEN and found all sensors within 20 degrees of each other OK
    - performed purge DOSER block routine and verfied fuel DOSER line pressure is within range shows 28 psi
    - during REGEN found DPF out temp rose to over 1200 degrees and fault set for DPF outlet tem high
    - monitored DOC mode delay and found there was over 200 degrees difference
    - DOC oultet reached 851 degrees and mode delay was requesting 1085 degfees
    - removed EGR hot pipe and verified no fuel out of exhauset OK
    - performed relative compression test and all cylinders above 90 percent
    - cycled ignition and let cold soak found DOC out temp sensor was reading 75 degrees difference from DOC inlet and DPF outlet
    - replaced DOC outlet temp sensor
    - inspected wiring harness to verify no signs of chaff, etc. OK
    - performed REGEN and DOC mode delay was still over 200 degrees and noticed cutoff was commanding more fuel in order to try and reach temp indicating - possible issue.
    - drop DOC & DPF and inspect for damages
    - DOC face place plugged and DPF filter also plugged with hot spots

ESTIMATE: Parts: $7,480.00 Labor: $2,052

6. OneTwentyOne

May 19, 2016
    I have pictures of both DOC & DPF, however, don't know how to upload.

7. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    All that just to figure out the filter is clogged??? Isn't a reman filter swap like 400 bucks or something, outright? Did you ask for that whole textbook trouble shooting process or did you just tell them to "figure it out"?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.