Cascadia New Club Member

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Rideandrepair, Nov 28, 2023.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I must be lucky. Been in a bunch of different Cascadias the past 14 months and never had any issues. Except for a steer tire blow out that caused an electrical gremlin but it was quickly fixed. I think they're dependable and overall good trucks. Detroit really seems to have these modern emissions systems working right.

77fib77, BoostedTeg, '88K100 and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    What do you think the chances of them being exported in 20 years are ?

I say 0.0

4. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    That is one thing we had to take care of. I run a lot of PTO time. Currently over 12k hours. She cheeches a little now.

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    They’re built just as good as any. The new one they gave me has lane alert. Farts if you cross the line. I went to pass a Truck on the right. He was in the hammer lane, swerving into my middle lane. Probably half asleep. Had a 4 wheeler beside Me in the right lane. I had it under control, went to pass and rattle his cage to wake him up. Figured I’d use my horn if I had to. The Cascadia disagreed. It slammed on the brakes, getting itself out of potential danger. It was weird. Lucky there wasn’t any ice, and no one rear ended my Trailer. I felt it wiggle a bit. Downright dangerous. Could easily cause a jackknife. Seems the Truck has become the Trainer. The only benefit I can see is teaching a Driver to avoid its taking over. Just knowing that can happen is enough to avoid those situations. I guess it’s good if a Driver’s falling asleep. I tested it at 60 mph, cruise set, coming up on a back up. It slowed down to a stop all by itself. Getting closer to self driving Trucks. I can just hit the gas, hold the wheel. Truck stops itself. I see the potential for developing bad habits. Never touch the brake. Normal Driving, it downshifts with the jakes, comes to a stop. Without the driver or Truck itself applying the brakes. Next week I’ll be in an older ragged out Cascadia W/ 10 speed manual. I’ll clean it up, make it mine. Only thing nice about the automatic is backing up,

Sons Hero, 77fib77 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    They'll melt em down and make new Cascadias again.

7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Can you put your automatic transmission in Georgia overdrive? Or will it not allow that.

Asking for a friend

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  8. jdchet

jdchet Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    They do it by themselves now, whether you want to or not! Then the radar gets upset, throws the jake on full blast to slow you down!
    Ya gotta keep an eye on it................

JD

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  9. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I think so. However it won’t go back into drive unless foots on the brake.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    There’s a big disconnect between the fuel pedal and engine. The technology isn’t exact. One good feature is jakes must be off to set cruise. The bad, is trying to get it back up to speed on the highway. 55 back up to 65/70 is sometimes impossible. Cruise can be set at 65, and it is set, but stays at 55. I can drop a gear using manual, even though it’s on auto, and says manual mode unavailable. I don’t get it. I’m sure it’s the driver. Lol

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  11. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    According to an Engineer at Detroit that works on emissions R&D, 2017 and newer are better. It took 10 years to work out the bugs after complying with the Government mandates. I remember thinking high performance cars were history, back in the mid 70’s. Lol. Now they have cars with 2x the horsepower. Little 4 cyl engines with more power than old big blocks. It’s amazing.

rollin coal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.