Cass A road test without "training"

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by AUfan78, Jun 23, 2018.

1. AUfan78

AUfan78 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Mobile, Alabama
    Anybody every take and pass the road test without ever driving on the road before the test?
    I took my road test this morning and passed it with this being the first time ever driving a tractor trailer on the road. Full disclosure, I've had a class B since 2003 and have driven a tractor trailer around the yard and on jobsites.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye Don

Buckeye Don Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2015
    N.E. Ohio
    I did the same thing 9 years ago. Hadn’t driven any truck in 25 years. Did a little yard practice at a friends trucking co. Kept telling myself to act confident. I did grow up on a farm so that helped with past experiences.
    Congratulations on passing by the way!

AUfan78 Thanks this.
  4. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    How did you do on the pre trip and backing skills?

Congrats op

5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    A person maybe able to pass the road test. It doesn't mean they can drive a truck. You have to know how to drive in the city traffic and streets. How to drive in the snow. How to make a left turn or right turn without running anything over. How to drive down hill without overheating the brakes

It very unlikely to get job with just a new CDL. Most trucking companies and insurance would no take on that risk

6. AUfan78

AUfan78 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Mobile, Alabama
    pretrip was no problem. only problem was with the 90 alley dock. was allowed 6 pull ups and used all 6. not many docks to back into while running on site with a RGN. just need more practice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.