CAT MXS Intake Valve Actuator Help!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Don2WS, May 23, 2010.

1. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Very bad advise. There is no "just" turning them off. First of it's illegal to modify the emission system and we're not suppossed to discuss that here, but more importantly, the Acert has 18:1 compression. Simply turning them off will build too much cylinder pressure and is a really good way to blow a head gasket. Unless you are very good at modifying a flash file to keep cylinder pressure down or want to overhaul the engine with lower compression pistons, don't disable the actuators.

W903B, EWV and SAR Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EWV

EWV Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Awesome spot on thank you...they replaced the entire harness today due to low current.
    Thanks everyone for your help appreciate it

GrapeApe and SAR Thank this.
  4. Ruiz1

Ruiz1 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Grape ape I have a flash code 95. I have replaced the sensor and the selenoid. Also put a new engine harness all around and I still get code. But only when I pull a trailer not when I bobtailing. Any thoughts? Running me crazy.

5. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    We’ve had a problem on 2 BXS’s now that threw the same code. Both engines it was a broken wire in the harness to the oil rail pressure sensor/regulator. The break was in the harness just below the plug behind the A/C compressor. If you plug a new regulator in and still have the same code look at the harness.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.