Caught on cam using phone at zero tolerance company

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TankerYanker36, Jul 17, 2022.

1. TankerYanker36

TankerYanker36 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Thanks man, it sucks because when you ruin a good job like that it's hard to find a replacement meanwhile here comes the bills crashing down lol. Welp unfortunately that's what it takes to feel the pain and learn from the mistakes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Think about it this way what if you were approaching an intersection and you were busy, texting, talking, or reading your phone screen and you ran a red light and hit a vehicle going across the intersection? As a result the occupants of the vehicle you hit are in a serious condition, before the ERT arrives one passes away, while the other is taken to hospital and dies 3 days later now whats going to happen? This actually did happen to one of my work associates both his parents lost their lives as a result of a negligent individual who was texting and driving as they approached an intersection. Bottom line is leave you phone in your pocket and don't touch it till your vehicle is off the road and safely parked up.

4. TankerYanker36

Mar 19, 2014
    Thank you

5. TankerYanker36

Mar 19, 2014
    Yeah definitely understand how serious that is. I get chills even reading that or thinking about it.

6. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    I sorta agree but if they can make it work it might be better than the next guy
    We as drivers see our side but I’m sure in the office they have to really look at all the factors and if this or that person can get his shxx together and keep the company and all of us around him safe and profitable

7. TankerYanker36

Mar 19, 2014
    Yeah I really hope they can see that. Because it's not in my best interests at all to repeat that same mistake. They just called and I have to meet with the managers on Wednesday. So we will see what happens. It's a union job, not sure if I should have a union representative with me.

As of now the plan is just to try and plead to keep the job, and to explain the reason why the contamination happened. Going out of my routine system is basically what tripped me up. After many loads delivered correctly this was my first contamination.
    But unfortunately the prior cell phone violation puts me in a bad spot.

The managers think highly of me and that's one thing that could work in my favor but being a nice guy doesn't save you from your screwups.

God, just that one tiny little step I missed. All i had to do was disconnect the hose from the ground and move it over.

Now it turned into a life changing mistake lol

Anyways thanks alot for the feedback

8. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    geezzzz, sounds like the mr magoo of trucking. must be so proud. lol

9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    If they let you keep your job be aware that from now on they'll be watching you like a hawk. You've had two incidents that happened basically because you weren't focused on what you were doing. They'll need to be convinced that that has changed.
    Let us know how it works out for you.

10. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    You must be at Schneider, correct?

11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.