Caught on cam using phone at zero tolerance company

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TankerYanker36, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    The Schneider cameras don't record audio at all, either inside or outside. They're also flush mounted against the windshield and have a good bit of plastic housing surrounding them. I'd be surprised if you get much, if any, reflection in them. Edit: At least the cameras in the older trucks are flush mounted. The 2020 and newer trucks may actually have a gap between the camera and the windshield that could show reflections.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    If the engine is turned on you can be sure the camera will also be recording.
    Heck, it could be recording 24/7 in a quiet mode that shows no lights.

That Schneider site said they had 5 days of video on a loop, and that is some serious storage capacity.
    "The camera has a DVR with a loop of about five days of operation, which benefits drivers as described more below."

Someone posted that they were busted for being seen coming back from a shower while logged as sleeper.
    So that camera was on while they were out of the truck, and the truck probably not running.

4. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    That wasn't the main step you missed.
    You didn't walk your hoses. Every fuel driver has hooked up to the wrong tank, either the truck or the ground tank. The only difference is they walked thier hoses and caught thier mistake. Always walk your hoses. Hopefully they need drivers bad enough to keep you on. On the positive side, now that you know you can make that mistake, your less likely to repeat it. Just don't let it mess with your head.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Outward facing cameras protect the driver and company while removing liability fro bad drivers. It's not surprising a company will prefer that to a driver facing cam.

Sure you might get a reflection now and again, but that's not the intent of the camera. And a camera doesn't have to record any sound, and cots driving cameras don't.

6. DrBigRig

DrBigRig Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2013
    It may be a good idea to call your supervisor and admit what you did up front before they have a chance to see it. This way you have someone you can be accountable to, and not do it again.

7. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    What's the word since the meeting with management?

8. TankerYanker36

TankerYanker36 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    So I met with HR, they placed me on a paid leave pending a decision on termination. HR was nice enough to give me a hint that it will end up in termination without telling me directly. So it gave me some time to prepare and seek other employment. I eneded up getting a couple of job offers which I'm going to post about shortly in a new thread, but luckily I was given the heads up and opportunity to prepare. They also said they didn't want to get rid of me but they have to stick to the contract. Also the other good news is I can re apply again in 6 months to a year. So I submitted the resignation before the termination.

9. TankerYanker36

TankerYanker36 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2014

10. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Wow what a great company, fabulous. Take the other offers and never look back.

11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Thanks for letting us know. Good luck with your new job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.