Caught Up in Police Chase on Interstate

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tlalokay, Dec 9, 2020.

1. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Ya the tire was shot anyway. If it ever gets to the point that locals are writing me up for bad tires I’ll know it’s time for a new job.

bzinger and tlalokay Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tlalokay

tlalokay Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    Like I said, that's what the tire guy said. My boss chalked it up to a cool story to tell by the office water cooler and we got quick roadside service without getting charged for it.

But local PD doing spot checks for DOT when they're responsible for an "accident"? Doesn't seem like something any sergeant would advise his shift to do.

That said, this is one of the problems I had with that company- I must've told my boss about that tire needing to be replaced ten times. Then he would refer me to the safety manager who barely spoke English and they would both say it would get done next time I came through the yard/office. Then, when I got to the yard, they were always too busy to handle it. Same with problems on the truck and trailers. I can't tell you how many times I had to crawl under the truck on the side of the road to pull the speed sensor in order to keep moving 55 mph max with no turbo because of the DPF system needing maintenance or repair.

Good riddance...

mjd4277 and lester Thank this.
  4. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Lord, have mercy.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Don't mind the stories, even 'exaggerated' stories. As long as he doesn't start giving out wrong information and treating it like fact a few tall tales never hurt anyone.

6. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    I think they may have been trying to cop stop the op because of that steer tire. Holy cow.

He said the cop was a rookie. He got 1 out of 18. Give him a break.

Btw Is he gone? He posted good riddance.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  7. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Heavy's advice to newbies about not becoming a trucker because a trailer could just get away from you was his best laugh out loud knee-slapper I ever read.

bigguns, Dale thompson and ZVar Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.