CB, a dying truck driver tool, what y'all think??

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by franktaylor, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    It’s not the devices, it’s electricity itself.

Before the war, still kinda new. Lights and some appliances. Saved for a fine radio. A piano was the most desired family acquisition.

After the war, central air-conditioning. (Close the windows; ignore neighbors)

Literally the weekend the President was murdered by Mossad & CIA, the TV was from then on, ON, EVERY NIGHT.

Seems there are those who believe rock & roll ISN’T rap for white folks. Stupids. If you have to plug it in to play it, it isn’t music. It’s three-chord happy noise. Rap, country, metal, no difference.

TV = throw out the libraries. Reading, the basis of 500-years of discussions.

R&R = destroy 1,000-years of music sophistication. Choirs, instruments. Family evenings.

Since then is more & harder. No time out to read or sing (and dance. Hopping up & down ain’t dance).

Destroy families thru slave labor (husband & wife); and destroy children thru divorce (as It inarguably does).

Speak up if none in your family have ever been divorced, and none of the wives ever worked after childbirth. All children trained to use their voice, and lessons on an instrument.

Don’t understand? No wonder, as you’ve never had a culture worthy of the name (probably think tee shirts in public & any tattoos are its substitute).

Electricity ain’t your friend. Not past hot running water & the furnace fan. It’s not resonant at YOUR frequency. A drug you can’t come to do without. Not now.

No one goes camping any more. They maybe walk as far as a spare phone battery will get them back.

No truck driver is exempt. Convenience makes a slave, but the slave drivers just “up” the tempo. Again

So far as “society” goes the CB is a holding pattern.

How to test: what’s funnier, that which you just heard across the radio, or another stupid pet video?

That’s a clue.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Well it is a reasonable thing to complain about.
    Especially when it says “maintain 45 mph” and they guy in front of you is idling across thinking if he goes super ####ing slow he will get brownie points from the scale house

4. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    There was a huge wreck in texas today 70-100 vehicles and it was pretty obvious some of the trucks had no radio as they ran full speed into the wreck

5. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Yes up on I 80 the same thing happened but on snow packed. The radio hardly has any chatter anymore. Mine is not hooked up now.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  6. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    These type wrecks happen a lot these days but.............."you don't need no CB to truck these days":(

Numb, Hulld and Timin770 Thank this.
  7. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    No but it would help in both these instances.

8. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    I went through a chicken coup just the other day and had an Averitt truck pull out in front of me on the bypass lane. It said maintain 35 and I was doing every bit of 35 before mr moron pulled out of in front of me and I had to slam on my brakes. Then some idiot behind me starts #####ing at ME for going so slow. I told him he needs to get his eyes checked that it's not me going slow. He finally said "Oh I see it's averitt, nevermind."

Yea moron, look before you speak.

Timin770 Thanks this.
  9. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I'm thinking there may have been some drivers warned via CB radio of the accident, either to brake check to avoid hitting the pileup, or to take another route to avoid the cleanup mess.

Anybody in the vicinity to hear such?

10. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
  11. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Saw the vid..Didnt even seem like they took their foot off the fuel peddle....A radio mighta help this from getting as bad as it was....Then again we all knkw that many run every bit of 70+ no matter if its sunny or a blizzard..

nredfor88 and Highwayman1224 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.