CB Power Amp Punks

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by bbmyls2go, Aug 7, 2007.

1. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    what type of radios do you guys run

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    I answered that on another thread it's a matter of choice and there are many ....

4. Krazzyleggs

Krazzyleggs Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2019
    Isn't the same said for big trucks? If so, truckers got some issues 4-10?

5. Krazzyleggs

Nov 26, 2019
    Mine did back in 1984,my mother heard everything I said over the tv. New electronics don't really have a problem till your blasting 600 or it seems. I wait until the one neighbor with old speakers leaves for work before I kick up the power. Don't need it for local talk with an antron 50feet up at the base.

6. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Hmmmmm, so I should sell my Drake LB-4?

7. Krazzyleggs

Nov 26, 2019
    Yes. ....To me for the low low!!

8. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    :biggrin_255:

9. sailorjack

sailorjack Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Many today don't use Amps or feel a need, but some still do especially DX talkers, I have had CB since the days of all the chatter, and the movie Bandit brought out the 23 channel clubs, and all the Trash talk and coffee clutch talkers, my buddy then lived on a mountain and had 3000 watt amp. Me I had a simple 5 watt drug store CB,But like any Hobby Some people get carried away on the chatter and the Amp power .I hear some not many today running max power, How ever in the defense of Power Amps, I agree with truckers that may be in the wilderness and a emergencies comes up that you have to reach out farther than a stock radio will reach, I lived in Norther Maine and I assure you that a AMP is needed in that area as well as places like Wyoming and Nevada, where it may be 200 miles to get help.
    But I see no need for some of these A Holes that live in town blasting away to show they can. I hear DX every night and some as far as Florida and Texas here in Ohio When i was in Maine in the days of a cheap radio i would go down by the water and listen to California and sound like next door but they cant hear me, But I am Old 30 year retired Navy and Flew patrol in the day with one hell of a radio and would find Channel 19 freq at 20,000 feet, But just listen didn't key my mike,lol

10. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    My girl friend passed away from smoking 2 or 3 packs a day for 40 years with a lit, in one hand and cig in other and in the end she set our bedroom on smoke fire with her o2 machine and a cig laying on plastic air tube an every time it pumped air a flare went off an i stepped on it bare footed and still have mark on heel, but i found her xmas gift a 500 watt helper with a switch to go down to 250 plus side band nice c/b gall. radio with roger beep an ant. that lights up when i keydown on it so if they have the ant. that lites up you can find them in t/stop?

11. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Hopefully the OP went back to kitchen work I don’t think trucking was for him..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.