CBD can ruin your trucking options

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by tscottme, Feb 13, 2024.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

You cannot trust the labels on CBD products. If the CBD has THC in it you can fail a drug screen/test and be required to complete an expensive SAP Substance Abuse Program and then be limited to working at the few trucking companies with a Return To Driving RTD program.

The cashier at the gas station selling you CBD isn't going to pay your bills, give you your money back, or pay you what a good trucking job will pay you.

Nowhere in this post did I say life is fair, you have to agree with the rules to face their consequences, or THC is the most dangerous drug to use. If you are willing to throw away a trucking career over it, it's not just a plant. It's your master.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Anyone inclined to use said products isnt going to listen to you.

And thats fine.

Fewer drivers means more bucks for those smart enough to know which rules are actually worth bending...

4. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    you make THC sound like heroin. lol. (it's not even close)

5. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Right? Lol, as soon as scientists figure out a THC intoxication test and the Feds legalize it, so will the FMCSA. It's a matter of time and it's been demonized far too long.

6. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Maybe not, but the type of people perfectly willing to break that sorta rule when its been so iron clad for so long tend to also be the sort who WOULD use heroin. Agree or disagree with drug use and legalization doesnt matter here either. Afterall if these people are willing to break THAT rule. What else will they ignore?

Honestly mind altering substances of ANY sort and heavy machinery heavier then your standard HOUSE moving at freeway speeds....should not mix.

7. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Well said

8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I suppose it needs to be said from time to time but it's always weird how many people don't seem to understand this, or think they can be a truck driver and smoke weed.

9. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    I always assume the "Failed test with CBD" posts are BS. Just users looking for a way to negate the results.

No problems here with weed, but I think most of these guys are FOS

10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    So much misinformation. I agree with you, THC is not worse than heroin, what a foolish, old fashioned statement, I read sugar is probably worse than weed. I will admit, someone using CBD PROBABLY has a history of smoking weed, and from what I read, CBD does give some relief like the weed does, just no THC. It in self will not show up on a drug test, however, regs are loose with the production of it, and very well could have enough THC to trigger a positive, but most the time, it's a cover up for regular weed. The industry is in peril about this. I read, drug test positives for weed are up an astonishing 74% and of those, over 50% leave the industry for good. Good riddance you say? Perhaps, but to be blackballed from an industry for this really needs to be re-evaluated. Clearly, driving while high has its risks, but there needs to be a test , and it's out there I bet, to determine when the last time one was high. Getting busted for something done 10 days ago seems pretty foolish.

11. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Driving while impaired, booze, weed or ambien is simply idiotic. Driving while high has been and always should be illegal.

There is no conclusive test for THC intoxication.

It's ironic that those who espouse the evils of marijuana buy into that right wing, evangelical argument that reefer madness is real and a gateway to the other hard stuff whilst turning a blind eye to alcohol, tobacco, sugar and the fentanyl pouring across our porous borders and through parcel & mail service.

If only the gubment could really save us from ourselves.............

Another Canadian driver, Numb and 201 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.