CBD can ruin your trucking options

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by tscottme, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    That won't matter if insurance companies refuse to change their policies.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Yeah, even when they figure out an intoxication test, I'm not going to chance it. Way too much to lose.

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Ah, but ain't that America. We sure are in a mess. I think it's human nature to tout the evils of something, while looking the other way in equally important matters. Everybody is stupid except me, mindset. This CBD phoofery, is nothing more than modern snake oil, and people saying "it works", it must surely be psychosomatic. There is no medical evidence it does anything, but like any placebo, some claim miracles. Maybe. The world is an ugly place when in pain, and just about anyone will try and get relief, I know I would. This particular driver found out the hard way to put trust in unlikely places. Far as I'm concerned, a CBD user is a pothead, case closed.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    Another Canadian driver and 2Tap Thank this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

No. I just treat it as a prohibited substance for which you will be tested. It's not heroin. It's an IQ test for truck drivers. The test is pass/fail. Don't volunteer to fail.

6. tscottme

Make slacking great again.

7. tscottme

They call it "dope" for a reason.

8. tscottme

The rules are clear. Don't volunteer to fail. If you volunteer to fail don't complain failure is hard.

9. tscottme

So stay out of trucking until suitable impairment tests are in common use. There ought to be flying cars by now. I think I will open a chain of flying car parking lots andvthen blame society when I go broke.

10. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Excellent and valid point!

If you have access to a college/research level library look at the empirical evidence of marijuana being useful for valid medical reasons. It's well documented. Google also has a research library (somewhat limited) compared to my old college library (University Wisconsin System) available here: Google Scholar

The problem with the distinction between CBD and THC is it's an unregulated industry. Why would you trust some shady company with your CDL just because they claim they can remove any trace of THC?

Common sense and i chuckled at the metaphor! Good stuff.

It's clear you are vehemently anti-marijuana and that's ok. I'm against impaired driving even if that means you cant enjoy your recreational drug of choice because there is no way to determine current level of impairment.

However to spam responses as opposed to simply editing the original post makes it seem as you're trying to cram your opinion down other peoples throats. Ronald & Nancy Reagan tried that crap in the 80's with the War on Drugs and look at where that got us.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.