CDL A DOT physical

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by southbound95, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Just a word of advice. Just because you pass the DOT Physical, that doesn't mean that you won't have a hard time finding a company to hire you. Most Companies have stricter standards for medications than DOT. Goos luck to you.

Snow Hater and wis bang Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. southbound95

southbound95 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Earth
    Thanks for the advise I have been on the phone with many recruiters from large logistic corps and told all of them about the 1mg per day total and they said its not a problem. Did you know that 1mg of Clonozepam is non detectable in urine? Maybe in blood test I'm not sure though.

Ky Flash Thanks this.
  4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Recruiters sell unicorns and rainbows. They're paid for bodies. So don't take what they say as being reality. They throw feces at the wall and see what corporate allows to stick.

wis bang, Speed_Drums and Dockbumper Thank this.
  5. Moronica

Moronica Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2020
    I gotta agree with that . Commercial driving can put you in some extremely stressful situations - Especially driving across the country through mountains and snow and everything else that comes with it . Not sure if someone with anxiety issues who is on medication is a good idea for this

GreenPete359 Thanks this.
  6. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    You already had your mind made up, why come here and ask? Not what you wanted to hear?

7. southbound95

Oct 25, 2021
    Earth
    Yes I already made up my mind. If I had not made up my mind why would I pay for a CDL course and passed on my first road test. I came here to see if there was anyone out there that had experienced a similar circumstance as what I am going through now. All of the negative replies I have gotten I fully understand.

My take on the responds so far is that nobody that went through a similar situation has seen my OP which is because just 1 out of 5 people have anxiety issues and of that figure how many of them are OTR drivers I have no idea.

Do all of you seriously believe that out of millions of truckers non have experienced anxiety? I'm sure there are a lot and I think its safe to say not all of them quit because of it.

according to the Anxiety & Depression Association of America anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older, or 18.1% of the population every year. So 1 out of 5 people suffer from some form of anxiety. I have general anxiety disorder or GAD.

8. Moronica

Moronica Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2020
    It's not so much that having anxiety should prevent you from commercial driving , but more so that you have been taking Benzos for the past 12 years . You can't just quit Benzos without any horrible effects

wis bang and MOBee Thank this.
  9. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    And as others have said, OTR is hugely stressful. Mearly a cautionairy comment
    Weigh it all before rushing off.

GreenPete359, wis bang and Moronica Thank this.
  10. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    My fiance is on Benzos. She would be the first to tell you not to get into trucking. She's been in the truck with me. Seen the stress that it can cause. She's a strong woman. You already need benzos. Are going into a job that is going to give you more anxiety. So either you are going to end up cracking or having to increase your dose again. Making you unsafe. Either way, IMO, you are going to be unsafe based on your medical.

GreenPete359 and Moronica Thank this.
  11. southbound95

Oct 25, 2021
    Earth
    I started weening off the benzos in April. The first 90 days I experienced some difficult times. In August I started to feel better and better up until now. I know I can quit 100% if I do what my Dr. told me. I am taking natural supplements such as Ashwagandha root. From April until today I have already cut the dosage in half and I feel great.

Thanks for your advise.

IMHO nobody "needs" benzos. Its a quick fix and as a matter of fact when I was prescribed them 12 years ago the Dr. mentioned nothing about physical and mental withdrawals when you stop taking them. I was on 0.5 mg for 3 times per day and after a few years I told the Dr. I fall asleep very easy at night but was always waking up after just 6 hours so she prescribed 1 more 0.5 and told me to take 2 at night to help me stay asleep. You cant make this stuff up. Anyway I have a different Dr. that is helping me ween off and convert to natural anxiety helping supplements. I take natural sleep supplements now and sleep like a baby every night from 10pm to 6am.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.