CDL A DOT physical

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by southbound95, Oct 25, 2021.

1. southbound95

southbound95 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Earth
    Passed NY DOT health examination. Going to a different doctor was definitely an eye opener.

This new doctor basically told me the doctor I saw in April was well within his rights to fail me based on my prescribed Clonazepam.

She told me 4x 0.5mg per day for a total of 2mg in 24 hours was not a high dosage at all. She was also happy to know that since April I had weened down to under 1mg per 24 hours and wished me luck on weening totally off of it which I still plan on accomplishing.

FWIW, I have been a member of FMCSA and plan on joining the CDL drug/alcohol Clearinghouse.

So passing a DOT exam can be a positive or negative result depending on the doctor. These are the following RX drugs that automatically deny you a medical clearance for a CDL employment.

• Marijuana
    • Cocaine
    • Opiates – opium and codeine derivatives
    • Amphetamines and methamphetamines
    • Phencyclidine – PCP
    However a doctor can fail you based on any other RX drug in which he may deem a hazard while driving. At least that is the case in NYS. I hope this information helps anyone else going through the process. If you are taking any kind of Benzodiazepines, which are not on included on the banned substance list above, your passing or failing will depend on the discretion of the doctor.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Voting Democrat ought to be included on that list!:cool::p. The most harmful drug in America.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.