SnapDragon, a leader in the building supply world, is currently seeking multiple CDL A drivers in the Allentown, PA market. Work for one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of building materials in the US - and still be able to make it home for dinner every night and weekends off!
Medical, Dental, 401K with match and more!!!
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Drivers are responsible for delivering materials and merchandise to customers in a safe and timely manner following all DOT rules and regulations.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS –
- Represent the company in a courteous and professional manner when delivering materials and merchandise
- Follows all safety rules and operates equipment in a safety-conscious manner
- Adheres to all local/state/federal Department of Transportation regulations – when making deliveries.
- Keeps required fuel, stop-per-mile, trip sheets, and DOT logs accurate, up-to-date, and compliant with all regulatory requirements
- Follow company procedure and delivery order accurately
- Secure loads by ratcheting down straps
- Open and close curtains on the trailer to facilitate loading and unloading
- Supervises unloading and maintains all delivery/pick-up-related paperwork.
- Performs routine maintenance of truck (i.e. checking/maintaining fluid levels, cleaning, etc.)
- Fills in for differing truck routes, as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS –
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License with acceptable motor vehicle record
- CDL Class A certification
- Minimum of one year commercial driving experience; two to three years preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly – Reading and Writing
- Understand and use basic math skills
- Ability to learn product inventory and warehouse layout and operations
- Demonstrated ability to keep accurate and compliant DOT Driver Logs
- Maintain a neat appearance in grooming and hygiene
WORKING CONDITIONS: – Must be able to withstand exposure to seasonal weather elements and wood dust.
- Ability to lift to 100 lbs.
- Open and close curtains on the trailer to facilitate loading and unloading using 80-100 lbs. of force
- Secure loads by ratcheting down straps using 120-180 lbs. of force
- Throw load straps over the material with a height of 13’ and depth of 8’6” using 20 lbs. of force
Please reach out to Chelsea Livingston directly, on here, or by phone/email:
SnapDragon Associates LLC
603-725-4062 [DIRECT LINE]