CDL A in NJ or FL?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by equinn2823, Aug 16, 2018.

1. equinn2823

equinn2823 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2016
    First let me say that this forum has provided me a lot of valuable information and kept me from making the mistake of trying to make it in this business buying a new ram 3500 and 3 car trailer with no cdl. After reading a lot of information and opinions here, I have decided that is a foolish idea.

So I am not going to get into the hauling business without first getting my CDL A. I also think it makes more sense, a lot more sense to get a single axle semi and a minimum of a 5 car trailer. Although I am unsure on the cost of a used single axle semi.

Also is it feasible to only run 8 months? I have a house in the dominican republic which is where i am at the present moment. I usually spend 3-4 months here.

I currently reside in New Jersey, but am thinking to move to Daytona beach and stay with my brother in law.

I would much rather headquarter my company in FL than in NJ

My question is would it be easier and cheaper to get my CDL in New Jersey or in Florida. I know i have to go to school either way, I am just trying to figure out which one makes more sense. Seeing as how everything in New Jersey is difficult, I am thinking Florida is the logical choice. I am not interested in job placement. Just want to best route to get my license and training.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Florida is probably the easiest state to get a cdl.
    Plenty of good cheap community college cdl programs available in Florida.
    There's no personal income state taxes in Floirda.

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.