CDL and employment without high school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by V8power, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It's not too good to be true. You don't need good credit to climb into a truck and drive it to California. You don't need experience, because you attend cdl school, then a trainer climbs into the truck with you and is your teacher/instructor on the road. You don't need outside income because you're earning money on the road.
    You can go to Roadmaster or you can go to a trucking company school. You don't need both; just choose one or the other.
    Don't be a procrastinator; just do it and don't look back.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tay

Tay Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2018

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

One of the biggest failings in our entire system of employing anyone is filtering people with unnecessary requirements like GED< Diplomas, Degrees etc. It's BS.

I am actually a valedictorian in my graduation class. But when you really examine just the entire class using the transcripts of each of them it's not THAT difficult to gain that valedictorian position. So I don't say a #### thing about it to anyone hiring. It literally does not matter.

What you do want is a little bit of adding and subtracting large numbers.

12000 + 34000 + 340000 = 80000 You are LEGAL. Good to go on 5 axles. Gwan youre late.

If you caught the extra zero I snuck in there good job.

13500+35200+31000 WHOA WAITAMINUTE> youre too heavy on your drive axles, limit is 34000.

Subtract 35200 from 34000 how much is that? 1200.

Good.

How many holes do you have to move your trailer tandems up on that trailer? (Holes 250 pounds, 500 or 750 pounds each depending on spacing) Make it 3 holes.

Weight again. 11800 + 33700+ 32200 or something roughly.

That's my flaw. When I over think the devil dances on the details my work gets a little bit sloppy.

But you have the concept of the new trucker math. None of that common core BS they fed you in school.

Here is something else about trucking.

The very first time you visit the Little BigHorn River area up in Montana on the interstate and take part in a very carefully staged historical situation as it applied to General Custer. You will learn that the school textbooks is a pile of BS and not worth the paper it's printed on.

YOU WILL get a education. Not quite the kind that you might see a masters, PHD or any of that fancy crap. But a Education you will have.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Anyone can purchase a high school diploma or GED online with transcripts included.
    Maybe $100.00 ( guessing) and you get the diploma and for an additonal small fee can get transcripts.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.