Cdl permit

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Mizlive, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Mizlive

Mizlive Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2018
    does anyone know what all sections the permit test covers I heard it was general knowledge double tripples and combination. Does it not cover the air brake section. Also I’m from Missouri.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    Permit covers the whole book. If you want to get into the trade and that’s what you want to do in life, then it should be easy to read and learn the material. If you trying to find out things you don’t need to read about, than pick another trade. Too many non truckers in the industry as it is. Not trying to sound like a prick but it’s true. Yes you need to know air brakes. Most important part of the dang truck

jethro712 and CJ701 Thank this.
  4. Mizlive

Mizlive Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2018
    I have been studying the book I just saw that the permit only tests on certain parts. Those are the sections I wanted to focus on the most. Is why I was asking.

5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I dont know about MO, but in Ohio it was combination, airbreaks and one other one.

Doubles/triples, hazmat and tanker have nothing to do with getting your permit. You also dont have to do school bus and passenger.

6. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    In texas. We have texas special requirements , general knowledge , combinations and air brakes.

7. Hardyz13

Hardyz13 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2018
    In Missouri the permit test is general knowledge, combination and air brakes. If you want to get any endorsements I would do them at the same time to save some money for when you get your actual Cdl.

Pumpkin Oval Head Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You want airbrake too. It is one of the foundations of trucking.

CJ701 Thanks this.
  9. bradyr693

bradyr693 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.