CDL School items to pack to take with you.

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Mizlive, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Car charger phone holder and bluetooth and headphones to watch YouTube without bothering the other driver

BlueThunderr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Ziplock bags-
    It seems odd, but it’s always worthwhile to carry dry socks and gloves in a small ziplock bag.
    It sucks getting cold and wet, and it’s really nice to have a dry set ready.
    Also pack a small box of disposable gloves, they are great for when you’re attaching kingpin locks or anything else greasy.

Mizlive Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    OK, whatever the school wants.
    Sheets are ok in the motel, but not in a truck with a trainer.
    I'd take both. I never used sheets my whole career, but I'm a little eccentric anyway.

5. Mizlive

Mizlive Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2018
    I’m going home after schooling till my cdl license comes in. So I’ll be able to pack accordingly before heading to orientation.

6. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Bring enough money with you in case they decide to boot you out of their school so you can get back home.

It's a dirty trick some companies will employ. They'll bus you to their training facilities, but won't bus you back home if you fall through the cracks.

Check out Smart Trucking on YouTube. He has a video addressing this very subject.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    When I went to school I dressed for sun or storm that day. Hardly anything. Plus a McDonald's Big Breakfast we all ate as a class prior to getting started the day at 7 am. No one wore flip flops etc in those days.

You are going to disocver that trucking school is standing around waiting your turn to do a spot of straight line back that everyone would have grown to be bored doing inside of a hour. Grab a pencil a 6 inch ruler and a keller logbook. Plus the motor carriers atlas for yourself and a calculator if you don't already have one buried in your phone.

8. Matt43324

Matt43324 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG]

Matt43324 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.