CDL School starts on Monday!

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by texasbbqbest, Feb 20, 2015.

1. RickJPII

RickJPII Light Load Member

Congrats! You'll do fine. Keep it up!!

texasbbqbest Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. texasbbqbest

texasbbqbest Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Today went awesome! I think I finally found my stride!

We basically did all the segments of the Texas CDL exam (driving, airbrake test, and backing) and I feel like I did quite well!

We don't have school tomorrow because of a faculty meeting tomorrow (bummer!) but on Monday I get a full day (7:30am-3:30pm) to practice and then test on Tuesday at 8am (moved up from 10am).

So hopefully by mid-morning or so on Tuesday, I should be a fully licensed CDL-A holder!

4. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Congrats on the ABF job!!!!

texasbbqbest Thanks this.
  5. texasbbqbest

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Had a nice three day weekend.

Tomorrow is my last day before I take my CDL Exam. I'm a little nervous, but I think I'll be okay after tomorrow which is a full day of test preparation.

Tuesday, I have my test at 8 o'clock in the morning (and, oh yeah, it's supposed to storm for the next couple days - Whoop!).

6. texasbbqbest

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    I made it through my final day at MT Training Center.

Everything I learned there will be put to the test tomorrow morning at 8 AM at the Cedar Hill DPS.

I had a great practice day today. All we did was drive around the Cedar Hill DPS test route all day long. The only struggle I have is the LAST turn in to the back of the DPS. Its a very narrow turn where you have to split lanes and turn right. There is a man hole cover that you can use to guide yourself. Have to turn right before it, not too late, not too early. It's the goldy-locks turn. I messed it up once today. Hopefully I won't tomorrow.

I practiced the Air Brake Test and have that down pretty well. We also practiced backing which I'll do fine with.

By this time tomorrow I should be official CDL holder!

7. texasbbqbest

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    I passed my CDL Exam today!!!

I'm SO FRICKIN' HAPPY!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.