CDL School

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MoonRyder, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    This may or may not be correct. However, C1 has a great reputation when it comes to job placement. This person DID NOT leave C1 without a CDL. You don't get in a trainers truck without this! This person needs to get back with C1 and find another carrier that will accept this contract. Let C1 handle it IF this is where the OP went to school. Regardless of the school, GO BACK to the school and find another carrier. This is how that works. Right now carriers are screaming for fresh meat!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    If OP is dealing with driver solutions it's not as simple as "just go find another job."

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I am going to take a deep breath and muster all the patience I can. I did NOT say just go get another job. I know what I first said. ---"and go find a carrier that will hire you!" I said this in regard to "This person needs to get back with C1 and find another carrier that will accept this contract.". If this was driver's solutions and Pam broke the deal then the OP needs to contact them for help getting to another carrier that will pick up the contract. These company paid schools deal with this all the time.

5. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    Just calm down. You seem to think I've been saying things I'm not really saying. I'm speaking from experience. I went to a C1 school and did the whole DS/PAM thing...two years ago. I'm not disputing the fact that the OP has a CDL or that C1 has excellent job placement but the issue is once DS has their hooks in you none of that matters. That's why we need to know if the OP is dealing with DS because things will work different. The school I went to has pretty good job placement but back then when I needed it they wouldn't help me because I hadn't yet paid off driver solutions.

There's a lot more to be said about DS but I'll wait until OP verifies that they are relevant to the conversation.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Sometimes Swift will pay the tuition owed.
    It's worth trying.
    ~
    1. Swift Refrigerated – Sign On for the Trucking Career of a ...
      Swift Refrigerated – Sign On for the Trucking Career of a Lifetime with Swift Refrigerated
      WHY DRIVE FOR SWIFT REFRIGERATED? $3,000 Experienced OTR Transition Bonus. $2,500 New Driver OTR Transition Bonus. Top OTR Reefer Drivers Make $1,700 Weekly. More Hometime. Consistent Freight. Earn More per Mile. Full Benefits. Large Retail Customer Base. OTR, Regional and Dedicated Lanes.

[​IMG]

Six9GS Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Flat Creek Transportation - kinston, AL
    flatcreektransportation.com
    Providing freight shipping and transportation logistics, Flat Creek Transportation is the transportation agency to turn to when you want fast and responsive shipping services.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @pavrom may have some ideas. He said one of his buddies has 4 trucks sitting because of no drivers.

10. MoonRyder

MoonRyder Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2021
    PAM. I’m in Houston, Tx. I found a job but just the way they did me was dirty. So just trying to see what I can do about that

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. MoonRyder

MoonRyder Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2021
    Basically went to 160 driving academy through PAM. Finished school and got my CDL. About a week later after doing their online orientation they had a trainer pick me up at a truck stop in Houston. I was flagged by safety so wasn’t able to drive that day. Couldn’t call them to find out due to it being Sunday. Called Monday to find out I was on a safety hold for my criminal background. They had the trainer drop me back off in Houston on Tuesday since he was out of drive time on Monday. After arriving Tuesday they called me to tell me sorry they have to terminate me due to my background not being 10 years old. Told them that their recruiting department sent everything off for review before I even started and everything came back fine so what’s the problem… they told me well it never came to us

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.