CDL Training day 12

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Nahbrown, Mar 21, 2023.

1. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Counterpoint: if you later go to work for Schneider (or whomever)--and one day soon thereafter...they announce driver-facing cameras (for whatever reason) to be installed in your part of the fleet--would you quit? To what fleet would you go next? :dontknow:

I ask this because....there may come a day when you do in fact face a similar situation. :eek:

With 18 months of hazmat tanker duty in the bag (hauling fuel)--I can offer that, with a driver-facing camera, every working day--I'm no worse off for it....I still got my safety bonuses....:D

If I can do it--why can't you?.....:dontknow:

Just some food for thought.....

-- Lual

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    My point in all the above....?

Here's one way to look at the camera issue.....

It's just a camera.

It's NOT a loaded gun.

If you are a TRUE professional--then you probably aren't doing anything in front of that camera that you would be ashamed of....or apologize for later, anyway. :thumbup:

-- Lual

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  4. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Try to tell her to relax, sounds like your trainer is helping to avoid stress later on.

Nahbrown Thanks this.
  5. Nahbrown

Nahbrown Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Illinois (the sane part)

I have listened to both sides of this argument (there are plenty of discussions about it out there)

I will respectfully disagree. Put cameras facing every angle outside the vehicle and Im perfectly happy to drive for you. None facing in for me.

there are plenty of companies who don’t have driver facing cameras and we will only be driving for a maximum of ten years, probably closer to 5 years.

6. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Real life truth is no two intersections will be the same in regards to the approach and/or execution of a successful turn.
    Assess each one, use caution and take as much time and or lane as you need.
    Always going slow enough to never lose sight in one or the other mirror.
    Keep that in mind and never become complacent..there is always a 4 wheeler waiting to ruin the day.

Nahbrown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.